Bicycle shop on Tower Bridge Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 10 January 2012 5.43pm
I've just discovered a new bicycle shop on Tower Bridge Road. I had a puncture on my way home when I noticed this shop (I think it's called Velodro or smth - green shop front), popped in and they fixed it.
I found them really helpful and nice!
Tuesday 10 January 2012 10.45pm
Yes, I saw the shop -- open -- for the first time today. It looks quite nice inside. I would love to see more small businesses on that end of the TBR -- ideally not of the liquor store variety.
Tuesday 17 January 2012 3.39pm
Hi!
The new bicycle shop called VeloDro is on 97 Tower Bridge road.
We are local and independent which means we are cheaper, faster and more friendly than big corporate chains ;)
Come and see why we are different!
Tuesday 17 January 2012 4.04pm
VeloDro wrote:
Hi!
The new bicycle shop called VeloDro is on 97 Tower Bridge road.
We are local and independent which means we are cheaper, faster and more friendly than big corporate chains ;)
Come and see why we are different!

I did try and come along on Saturday afternoon, maybe 4.30, but you were closed.
What are the opening times?
Tuesday 17 January 2012 4.25pm
Welcome to the neighbourhood, VeloDro :-) Good luck with your venture.

When it's warmer, come and join us in Bermondsey Square - we top up our tans outside Shortwave, lol. Or inside, when cold :p
Tuesday 17 January 2012 4.34pm
We are open Monday to Friday from 10am to 7pm and on Saturday from 10 to 5 (only last Sat we had to close a bit earlier - sorry for that).
Tuesday 17 January 2012 4.36pm
Thanks, Philpotts - we will ;)
Tuesday 17 January 2012 4.43pm
I need to get a puncture repaired, I will head down, just around the corner for me
Wednesday 18 January 2012 5.25pm
Good news. "On your bike" are pirates. The other shop I like is at hatfields but you are more local to me so I will be sure to use you!
Wednesday 18 January 2012 5.28pm
btw - not to be a harbinger of doom, but be warned to keep your store secure, bike thefts and break-ins are rife round our neck of the woods - druid bicycles and tower o carribean got hit recently (orville had vital equipment stolen and in a seperate incident a customer had his bike stolen from outside when we were eating) and we have had our bikes stolen from inside our building. Apparently southwwick is one of the worse boroughs. So invest in good security!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: