New take away on Tanner Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 11 January 2012 10.36am
Hi all

Remember a place called "Mystery of Spice" on Tanner street that burned down (twice!), which became "Tanners" and then became "Only Fools and Falafels" ???

Well it's morphed again into "Johnny's Fish & Chips".

They are having a "Grand Opening" on the 16th of Jan and everything will be 1/2 price.

Menu includes: Kebabs (lamb, chicken, doner), Fish & Chips (including rock and haddock), BBQ Chicken, Burgers, Pies, Sausages and Veggie (Falafel, Humus, Salad, spring roll, etc).

No, I don't fry for them!
Wednesday 11 January 2012 11.32am
Out of interest are there any Tanning parlours on Tanner St? Seems a missed opportunity for further torturing of the english language.
Wednesday 11 January 2012 11.56am
The new place is being opened by the guy who has Tower Fish Bar.
Wednesday 11 January 2012 12.18pm
Virtually next door to Thames Fish Bar - which does all of the above (pretty well) apart from kebabs. Concentrate on the kebabs is what I say, we don't have any close by at the moment, but ditch the fish and chips etc.
Wednesday 11 January 2012 1.03pm
Thanks Gavin, hadn't seen your post when I sent mine. Seems a little odd that Tower Fish Bar are opening another Fish n' Chip shop 2 doors away, but they are very busy - maybe they think there is enough demand? In any case, it's good to have those shops in use - it's looking very shabby on that strip.
Saturday 14 January 2012 3.48pm
I agree, that sounds strange. Hopefully the new place will be successful - I thought only fools and falafels was excellent but it just didn't have enough custom
Saturday 14 January 2012 6.47pm
They are basically moving - the existing shop is to close
Sunday 15 January 2012 12.01am
I'm confused! (probably me)
Monday 16 January 2012 6.22pm
So, I went round to check out opening night.

There was a queue about 10 deep outside the door with loads of folks inside - nice to see a local business getting such interest.

Anyway, I gave up with queueing (I was attacked by a large bull dog chained up outside!) and went down to the old shop 3 doors away. Johnny himself was on duty - and offering the same prices as his new shop.

So, top tip, get down there now for a nice fish supper but pop into the old shop for the same deals as the new shop!
Monday 16 January 2012 9.55pm
Nice -- how does this compare to Long Lane Fish Bar in terms of price (cod and chips) and quality?
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: