Gregg Wallace

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 1 of 16
Thursday 12 January 2012 9.20am
Gregg Wallace, from Masterchef, is taking over the restaurant in the Bermondsey Square hotel, which is currently 'Alfies'. It will be called Greg's Kitchen.
Thursday 12 January 2012 12.45pm
hilairious, hope they attend to the decor in there, it could be a good spot the hotel rooms are good, but the restaurant is a mismatch of styles,overall the restaurant is a bit of mess.. a strange tv in the corner with a wire dangling down,too many spotlights, chandeliers ,, 20 different design styles in one room..

shoot the interior designer for this one
Thursday 12 January 2012 2.07pm
It is being refurbished as we speak :p Kristian will still be the Head Chef - he's improved the food no-end, since he started last April

In the meantime, the restaurant and bar are upstairs, with the terrace, on the 1st floor. There's a pleasant, but reduced, menu.

They are looking to open on 4 Feb.
Thursday 12 January 2012 3.42pm
Wow. This is exciting news. I thought it was just one of the seemingly Olympic year driven refurbishments that seem to be all over SE1 at the moment.

Does anyone know if the Fish and Chip plaice (sic) on the side is to be retained?
Thursday 12 January 2012 4.08pm
Yes, it will be reopened - it's been closed for quite a while.
Thursday 12 January 2012 4.37pm
Whenever I watch Masterchef, I am always questioning what useful input Greg Wallace has. All I see is a chap repeating everything the other judge says. I know he has some eatery somewhere, but i am thoroughly unconvinced with regard to his cooking credentials.
Thursday 12 January 2012 4.40pm
Pieces of Eight wrote:
Whenever I watch Masterchef, I am always questioning what useful input Greg Wallace has. All I see is a chap repeating everything the other judge says. I know he has some eatery somewhere, but i am thoroughly unconvinced with regard to his cooking credentials.
Gregg Allan Wallace (born 17 October 1964[3]) is an English writer, media personality and former greengrocer, costermonger and farmer. He is probably best known for co-presenting MasterChef, Celebrity MasterChef and MasterChef: The Professionals on BBC Two and BBC One along with John Torode, where he is referred to as an "ingredients expert". He has referred to himself jokingly as just: "the fat, bald bloke on Masterchef who likes pudding".[4]
Thursday 12 January 2012 4.47pm
"Ingredients expert"? He still comes across as an amateurish mockney t*t.
Friday 13 January 2012 6.04pm
Tit maybe but a mockney he's not.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 1 of 16

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network