Man or Woman With Van

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 25 May 2004 3.58pm
I have to pick up a shipment at Heathrow Airport that's too big for a normal car, but not massive either. Does anyone know someone in the area with a van who could join me to the airport? Any idea of prices? A small van would be ideal.
Jon
Tuesday 25 May 2004 4.44pm
a shipment? sounds incredibly ambiguous! ;-)
Tuesday 25 May 2004 4.48pm
ambiguous? 3 boxes with books and paintings, a chair and a suitcase....pretty straightforward...
Jon
Tuesday 25 May 2004 5.16pm
sorry, I thought it would be something that you were trying not let the authorities notice you were bringing into the country! ;-)

people always use the word 'shipment' in films when they mean 'drugs' or 'guns' or 'chinese people' or some such.

you're clearly not the leader of some large criminal fraternity that needs an extra van for some dodgy carrying of goods then.
Tuesday 25 May 2004 5.25pm
haha- no! it's all very boring stuff coming form the storage I have in Paris-- sign that I'm settling down in London!
Anonymous User
Wednesday 26 May 2004 7.58am
Hi Maurits

I've recommended Graham before at Bigvan.com, on 020 7708 0993.

A van with one man is 30 an hour I think, might be worth a shout.
Wednesday 26 May 2004 8.28am
Great! Thanks!
Wednesday 26 May 2004 12.57pm
Just to let you know we used Graham from Bigvan on Birdie's recommendation, and they were great - they guys were really friendly, took great care with our stuff, and were great value for money compared to other removalists who quoted us - thanks for the info!
Tuesday 1 June 2004 9.12am
There's a chap with a card in the window in the newsagents by the bus stop at the end of Grange Road, on Tower Bridge Road. He's good & helpful & has a big white van. (His card is red & black.)

It sounds as though you might be cheaper off hiring a car or using a taxi? Tube to Heathrow & black cab back?
Tuesday 1 June 2004 9.40am
Ha, you're back! I hired man and van through an ad in Time Out because it was very short notice and hardly anyone was available. I needed a van because there was a big club chair as well that would not have fitted in a black cab. The man with van was a very nice unemployed actor from Dulwich. If anyone needs him I can give the number: he is not only very friendly but very reliable as well.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: