Hypnotherapy - Recommendation

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sunday 15 January 2012 10.32pm
Hello all

I've just moved to a new flat and, although lovely, it's a little noisy from the neighbours. As I once lived in a noisy flat before, it's something I'm a little bit sensitive to.

I'd rather not move but the noise is making it harder to sleep so it's something I need to address. It occurred to me that a course of hypnotherapy may help me deal with it (and hopefully learn to ignore it).

Has anyone had any experience of hypnotherapy for this or other issues? And I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for hypnotherapists in SE1/other parts of London?

Oh, and any other recommendations for dealing with neighbour noise (other than Horlicks, sleeping tablets and white noise generators) much appreciated!

Ta much!
Monday 16 January 2012 9.56am
Earplugs do wonders for me.
Monday 16 January 2012 10.46am
Hi

I have used a hypynotic sleep cd/mp3 that was brilliant. I was so well rested, the best sleep ever. You can order it online - i'll look up the name of the company - i think it is called Deeper Sounds (lots of meditation stuff etc).

Good luck
Monday 16 January 2012 11.04am
Hypnosis CD and MP3 Download for Sleep Disorders and Insomnia
Author: Glenn Harrold FBSCH Dip C.H.

The download is 10.95, CD is 11.95
http://www.hypnosisaudio.com/tape1.htm?gclid=CImMy5my1K0CFQIPfAod20mTtw

By the way, I am not linked to this company, I've just used the cd (first back in 2004) and lent it so many times to friends that i had to purchase a second copy before finally downloading it to keep for myself!
Monday 16 January 2012 9.46pm
Hi There...

I may be able to suggest something... I am a hypnotherapist, although not touting for business here. NLP has a clever little trick that can be useful .

It's Pacing and Leading. Applied here, try this:

Put music on or noise matching just under the volume the neighbours have (Pacing)
Do this on a few concurrent occasions and then when they lower their volume lower yours to the same (Pacing)

Then lower your volume slightly more and then when they do the same continue lowering yours (Leading).

Consider it training your neighbours.

Please do not do this to extremes or with violent or aggressive neighbours.

Good luck
Monday 16 January 2012 10.15pm
I really don't think pacing and leading would work with this, but I'm curious.

beefquenn, Hypnosis could make you oblivious to the noise. However, if you do it, I would recommend that a large part of the process should be about making the distinction between your neighbour noise and sounds that you would want to wake up to, like a smoke alarm.
Monday 16 January 2012 10.19pm
Council noise team can be very helpful and sympathetic,catching them once can often do the trick,if they persist ring the council again and so on,they (council)do take it seriously.
Keep a diary and once you get to know some neighbours that might also be affected see if you can get them to keep diarys as well,it will add weight.

Good luck.

PS:Don't think that because you have just moved in your not entitled to complain,you are.
Monday 16 January 2012 11.01pm
Tranceworker wrote:
Hi There...

I may be able to suggest something... I am a hypnotherapist, although not touting for business here. NLP has a clever little trick that can be useful .

It's Pacing and Leading. Applied here, try this:

Put music on or noise matching just under the volume the neighbours have (Pacing)
Do this on a few concurrent occasions and then when they lower their volume lower yours to the same (Pacing)

Then lower your volume slightly more and then when they do the same continue lowering yours (Leading).

Consider it training your neighbours.

Please do not do this to extremes or with violent or aggressive neighbours.

Good luck

Err what do you do if hey increase their volume ?
Monday 16 January 2012 11.50pm
Pace it. Just below their volume
Tuesday 17 January 2012 12.56am
Tranceworker wrote:
Pace it. Just below their volume

I'm not saying this wouldn't work but I had this idea myself when I was going through the same thing from neighbours above,the people below me are lovely and I just couldn't put them through it too.
It's a consideration anyway.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: