Witnesses - Hit by sheet of Wood on Stoney Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 16 January 2012 5.42pm
Posting on behalf of my friend Kate

"I was badly injured by a sheet of wood/mdf that came flying out of a fast moving truck on Stoney Street in Borough Market. The truck did not stop and I was left with a deep wound in the back of my knee which was stitched up at St Thomas's. The truck had a green cab and high blue sides.

This happened on Thursday 12th of January at between 10.30am and 10.45am. If anyone witnessed this incident please get in touch.

katealexander@btconnect.com
Tuesday 17 January 2012 12.44am
Wow, sorry to hear what happened to you, what a horrible thing.
Tuesday 17 January 2012 8.06pm
Really awful. Whilst not a witness wanted to suggest the obvious stuff about asking for CCTV footage from the businesses along that road - it's one way so if it passed a business further along it'll be easy to identify. The HSBC / Natwest banks in particular will definitely have CCTV and might have seen it. Or go back there on the same day of the week and time and look out for it - a regular business collection will have a routine. Seems a firm called Orion might operate vehicles in those colours (but there could be many other business waste collection companies that do also).
Tuesday 17 January 2012 8.46pm
Thanks for all suggestions which we'd already thought of. One of the businesses has good cctv apparently showing the company signage.So thats a matter for the Police to investigate.Poor Kate spent a night in hospital and has missed out on a lucrative work trip to the States as she is unfit to travel.
Tuesday 17 January 2012 11.14pm
That's terrible - good luck with tracking them down.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: