Baby groups

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 17 January 2012 5.20pm
Hi everyone,

I m kind of new ish to the area and am expecting my first baby in a couple of weeks.

Trying to find out if there are any coffee/tea mornings with babies or toddlergroups in the area. I live between waterloo and southwark.
Does anybody know more?
Would be great to meet up with other new mums and babies as its all a bit new to me, but all very exciting.

Wednesday 18 January 2012 4.17pm
We have quite a community of mums in the neighbourhood. The best places to subscribe yourself onto are boroughbabies, and riverside parents yahoo groups. Excellent source of information, as well as providing a sense of community.

In terms of good meeting places, some new mums meet on Wednesdays at the Refinery, but i'm not sure if that's still going on. A query on Boroughbabies will solve that mystery.

Also another place where mums tend to meet is at St. Mary Magdalen's Church on Bermondsey Street where we hold "Classics with my Baby" concerts. It's a concert series design for parents and babies/tots to enjoy music together. Woolfson and Tay, our local bookshop/cafe offers great treats to drink and eat before and during the concerts.

We have also organised Baby events for Bermondsey Street on each Friday of the month, which involves baby/toddler showings at the Shortwave, as well as Storytelling at Woolfson and Tay. For more information, you can simply write me a PM, or check out

SE1 forum here is great for information on family events in the neighbourhood too if you sign up to their weekly newletter.

Hope this helps!

mum to two little boys on Bermondsey St.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: