Cell phone repairs

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Debrajoan Tuesday 17 January 2012 10.30pm
Any recommendations for cell phone repairs locally?
I'm not looking for something for nothing, just somewhere that will do the job in a reasonable amount of time for a fair price.
boroughpaul Tuesday 17 January 2012 10.35pm
mobile phones?
Tom Pepper Wednesday 18 January 2012 7.37am
Mobile, (or cellular). telephones work by receiving a signal from a transmitter, the area that the transmitter covers is called a cell.
Maybe dj watches too much US TV.
I occasionally say to my wife, "Have you seen my cell phone?" This is guaranteed to send her through the roof.
South Africans call them handys, Yanks call them cell phones, we for the most part call them mobiles, but they are all the same thing.
There is a repair shop on Duke Street Hill, but I have no idea how good or bad it is.
Gavin Smith Wednesday 18 January 2012 8.28am
There is also a shop at the Elephant - very reasonably priced and fixed mine while I waited just before Xmas.
Debrajoan Wednesday 18 January 2012 6.04pm
Gavin Smith wrote:
There is also a shop at the Elephant - very reasonably priced and fixed mine while I waited just before Xmas.

Thanks Gavin, is it in the Shopping Centre?
(I was going to type Center to wind up Tom P.)
hmeah Thursday 19 January 2012 12.21am
The shop in the E&C centre is 2 doors down from Tescos... I used them a while back, did find them a little more expensive then the shops on East St (walworth road end, on the left as you enter the market), ive had 2 screen replacements recently and they did the repair while i waited, the shop in elephant wanted 10 more then what i paid.
Gavin Smith Thursday 19 January 2012 8.07am
Sorry DJ, I was too slow to respond. Home a has answered it though; my recommendation was for the shop in the centER!
Debrajoan Thursday 19 January 2012 6.54pm
Thanks Gavin, the phone in question has just mysteriously resurrected itself, one day no matter what I did it would not turn on, even though fully charged, today, Bingo! It has opted to work.
Still I know where to go if it dies again.

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions