Pick Pocketed on Tooley Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 18 January 2012 12.47am
Whilst walking along Tooley St towards Borough High St around 11.30pm this evening, I was pick pocketed and my new Iphone was taken. Gutted. I have my suspicions of where and how it happened, but would prefer not to disclose this information on here.

After reporting it to the necessary authorities (which was a long process) I am curious to find out if anyone else has had a similar experience recently?

I'd like to note that the SE1 website has a news article on this very issue, but having not been on this forum for a while I'd not seen this report until tonight.

Despite what has happened, I am thankful that I am still in one piece and haven't been physically hurt.

How many others have been affected by pickpocketing in and around London Bridge Station?
Wednesday 18 January 2012 1.01am
A colleague of mine had her phone ripped out of her hands by a cyclist a few days ago. I have a crappy Samsung that is so last year and the kid who checked me out today seemed to agree. It really seems to be a problem.
Wednesday 18 January 2012 1.36am
Presumably you have tried using the 'Find my iPhone' function?
Wednesday 18 January 2012 8.26am
Or even the 'remotely lock my iphone' function ifyou've set up iCloud.
Wednesday 18 January 2012 2.32pm
WildeOne, Sorry to hear about your phone - I was helping a large group of Japanese tourists with directions a week or so ago in Tooley St beside London Bridge station when one of them had her phone snatched by 2 men who ran off down Stainer St. This was mid evening, 9 ish. Some of the group gave chase but lost them in the tunnel. They were reluctant to report it, but I felt ashamed their first experience of London should be that one. At the time, I thought it was opportunistic, now not so sure.
Wednesday 18 January 2012 5.13pm
Oh dear. I once had a youngster come up to me and eye my bike I had had a bad day and said in a very resigned dont mess with me way "dont even try it mate, it's rubbish" and he agreed, smiled and walked off. I have a 10 nokia but dont use that on the street unless i have too as this has been a problem across london for a while.
Zoe
Wednesday 18 January 2012 9.34pm
I've noticed more police and community support officer foot patrols on Tooley Street, which is nice, but I think they need to step it up even more, so there's generally some uniformed presence on the street most of the time.

One of my colleagues also had her phone taken out of her hand, and I've started to look suspiciously at anyone under about the age of 20 who comes near me.
Monday 23 January 2012 11.45pm
I see another thread has started because of muggings/pick pocketing in the local area, hope this is not the start of many more.

Thanks for the suggestion messages (Mogoot & Gavin), I've replaced it now and installed those functions.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: