Morrisons on Walworth Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 19 January 2012 9.46am
I'm looking for a 'big' Morrisons (as opposed to one the size of a Sainsburys or Tesco local)

Is the Morrisons on the Walworth Road a big one?

http://www.morrisons.co.uk/Store-finder/Store-Details/?type=qs&value=se1 1bj&recordid=633&lat=51.48871&lon=-0.09633

If not, is the one at Camberwell big?

http://www.morrisons.co.uk/Store-finder/Store-Details/?type=qs&value=se1 1bj&recordid=483&lat=51.47342&lon=-0.09241

Many thanks
Thursday 19 January 2012 9.53am
Morrisons on Wally is weird.

It is a decent sized store - probably 25k square feet (Elephant and caste Tesco is 15,000).

However, because they used about half of it to sell tea towels, CD racks, perfume, greetings cards etc etc there's not really much more food in here than in the Tesco. I wouldn't go expecting a superstore like Vauxhall Tesco.

I also find their staff incredibly unhelpful and their autocheckouts were programmed by a sadist (want to by 12 limes? Click once for fruit, once for citrus, once for lime - repeat 11 times...)

That said they have a nice butcher counter who is always very helpful, only thing I go there for really.
Thursday 19 January 2012 10.10am
Thanks James. Think I should try it (and also the Vauxhall Tesco instead of the OKR one).
Thursday 19 January 2012 10.19am
Jump on a 168 to Camden/Chalk Farm. It stops outside the big one there just before the Roundhouse.
Thursday 19 January 2012 10.34am
There's a Morrison's in Peckham - it seems pretty big to me. Don't use the self-serice checkouts though, they are totally rubbish and a just cause aggravation.
Thursday 19 January 2012 10.44am
Morrisons in Camberwell is much smaller than Walworth Road. Peckham is probably the biggest but a nightmare to park as it is always so busy. Cheapest petrol in Peckham/Bermondsey though.
Thursday 19 January 2012 11.32am
Karen007 wrote:
Think I should try it (and also the Vauxhall Tesco instead of the OKR one).
The Surrey Quays Tesco is bigger than either.
Thursday 19 January 2012 12.27pm
I don't have a car and do worry about things melting if I go too far and have to get the bus home(I'm based nr Borough High St) but thanks for the info - think I'll also try Surrey Quays.
Thursday 19 January 2012 12.32pm
Surrey Quays and Vauxhall Tesco are similar distance.
Thursday 19 January 2012 3.43pm
Karen007 wrote:
I don't have a car and do worry about things melting if I go too far and have to get the bus home(I'm based nr Borough High St) but thanks for the info - think I'll also try Surrey Quays.
Tescos at Surrey Quays is very big and lots of buses stop right outside
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: