Livebait (The Cut) closed down

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
mac
Friday 20 January 2012 11.22am
I walked past Livebait on The Cut last night and was surprised to see that it had closed down and the seating etc ripped out. A notice on the door said the group that owned it (and other restaurants like Chez Gerard)had gone into administration.

I wonder what will emerge in its place. Hopefully not another coffee shop or sandwich bar....
Friday 20 January 2012 12.12pm
That doesn't really surprise me given the absolutely dire experience I had there last November. How far it had fallen from its former glory.

But a shame, none the less - it was a relatively long term SE1 presence. In fact, unless the passage of time has deceived my memory, it was the first 'proper' restaurant on the Cut, and the first in the chain. I thought the fully tiled black and white interior was rather lovely.

I, too dread the thought of another chain appearing on the site (unless it were to be a Waitrose, of course ;))
Friday 20 January 2012 12.36pm
Thanks to @thebikeshow we now know that Byron Hamburgers is moving in.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 20 January 2012 12.39pm
my son will be very happy!!
Friday 20 January 2012 12.44pm
yum! they do a good burger. the one at One New Change is very nice
Friday 20 January 2012 12.59pm
I've never had a burger in my life and am not planning to start now. I love fish and seafood however and now that the Seafood and Oyster Festival's gone, Fish! is down the drain and Fishbait's gone as well, I think it's time to start going to Billingsgate Market again...
Friday 20 January 2012 1.12pm
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
I love fish and seafood however and now that the Seafood and Oyster Festival's gone, Fish! is down the drain and Fishbait's gone as well, I think it's time to start going to Billingsgate Market again...

All is not entirely lost on the fish front: there is Loch Fyne in Catherine St just off the Aldwych which is decent enough. Even better is FishWorks in Swallow St just off Piccadilly.

Neither in SE1 admittedly but not too far away.
Friday 20 January 2012 2.03pm
Paramount Restaurants that owned the Livebait chain went in to administration in Nov 2011. These are the other restaurant names that will be affected disappearing:

Caffe Uno Brasseries Limited, Groupe Chez Gerard Restaurants Limited, Craftbutton Limited, Chez Gerard Restaurants Limited, Paramount Limited, Paramount Restaurants Limited, Bertorelli

Shame about Bertorelli - one of the oldest Italian restaurants in London

B
Friday 20 January 2012 2.30pm
bmovie wrote:
Paramount Restaurants that owned the Livebait chain went in to administration in Nov 2011. These are the other restaurant names that will be affected disappearing:
Caffe Uno Brasseries Limited, Groupe Chez Gerard Restaurants Limited, Craftbutton Limited, Chez Gerard Restaurants Limited, Paramount Limited, Paramount Restaurants Limited, Bertorelli
B

Why dont these companies close their web sites down aswel?
Friday 20 January 2012 3.00pm
Why dont these companies close their web sites down aswel?[/quote]

I guess because the administrator is still trying to find a buyer for the brands - Bertorelli has been bought by Spaghetti House and a couple of the Live Baits have gone to Cafe Fish
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: