Mugging

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Sunday 22 January 2012 1.49am
Someone I know was mugged the other night (early morning) near Great Dover Street (southern end). OK, but hit in the head.

Be safe...
Monday 23 January 2012 12.14am
Sorry to hear that. Hope they are OK.
Monday 23 January 2012 8.14am
Awful! Hope they catch him!
Monday 23 January 2012 1.46pm
That's absolutely terrible james. Did anyone contact the police, they need to be informed of this. GDS is becoming too much of a spot for this type of crime. I know of at least two other occasions where this has happend in recent times. Hope your friend is ok...
Monday 23 January 2012 6.30pm
Beware of the Bermondsey St/London Bridge area coming home tonight 2 black youths on bikes just mugged a lady of her phone. Saw them 5 mins before it happenned and thought I know what there up to, and I was right. Wearing hoodies so didn't get a good look at them.
Monday 23 January 2012 11.39pm
This happened to me late on 17 Jan, I started a thread about it late that night.

I have to mention, it's left me wanting to be at home and indoors much earlier in the evening which seems paranoid but I don't want to run the risk of being stabbed for a phone, oyster card or 5!

Thankfully I wasn't hurt. Sorry to hear all the incidents of those who have been affected by these horrid greedy idiots, it's just crap.

I echo James127's message... Be Safe.
Tuesday 24 January 2012 1.30am
I wonder what the police are doing to tackle this upswing in crime -- it seems like they've been silent?
Tuesday 24 January 2012 8.30am
james127 wrote:
I wonder what the police are doing to tackle this upswing in crime -- it seems like they've been silent?

Do you think they should post on here?
Tuesday 24 January 2012 9.36am
No, that wasn't my point, but maybe a media statement.
Tuesday 24 January 2012 10.33am
This is London not Ludlow. Three or four muggings, whilst terrible for those involved, does not represent a Jack the Ripper-esque crime wave which requires police statements.

As a suggestion, giving a bit more information over what happened to your friend could potentially help others stay safe (exact place on Great Dover, number of people involved in the attack, etc).
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: