Looking for small audition space in London

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 25 January 2012 11.54am
Hello there,

I'm looking for a place to hold auditions for a comedy play in London. I would like to hold them next week (just for a day), but ideally I would like to be cheeky and hire for a low cost or free (I know).

My issue is that I run this entirely myself, from the funding to the writing of the play and I can't see how I would ever break 'even' in a show if I were to be forking out money for auditions and rehearsal spaces every time.

Last year, for rehearsals, I was lucky enough to secure a pub's 2nd floor for free provided we bought the occasional drink (which naturally was no problem!)

So if anyone knows any community centre, spare room in a pub, anything, it really doesn't have to be huge, then please let me know as you'd be my saviour.

Thanks
Wednesday 25 January 2012 3.58pm
Hi, Kaile

You could try contacting Rob at http://www.shortwavefilms.co.uk/
in Bermondsey Square. If you haven't been before, it's a 52 seat cinema with a nice, reasonable priced bar, coffee etc. There's an area between the front row and the screen.

Worth a try - he might let you do it for the same arrangement and he's a very nice guy.

Break a leg :p
Wednesday 25 January 2012 5.15pm
hi - try http://www.arch897.com/

Would be low cost through, prob not free.
Wednesday 25 January 2012 5.43pm
The Jerwood Space has subsidised rehersal/audition rooms from £14 per hour (£106 per day) and is very thespian-friendly and professional. A nice café, art gallery and swish rooms with A/V, piano etc. Close to Southwark tube station. As it's owned by a charity, they may be responsive to a well presented sob story!

JERWOOD SPACE
171 UNION STREET LONDON SE1 0LN
Tel 020 7654 017
Email space@jerwoodspace.co.uk

You might bump in to major West End stars in the café.
Thursday 26 January 2012 2.27pm
Thanks for all the suggestions guys, much appreciated.

Zoodle - I always sell a good sob story, I wouldn't be in the fringes of the Theatre World if I couldn't. :)

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: