Filming on Bermondsey Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 25 January 2012 10.46pm
Does anyone know what they were filming tonight?
Lots of large floodlights up and seemed to be aiming at Jose's.
Wednesday 25 January 2012 11.34pm
they filmed a commercial for headphones i got told...
Thursday 26 January 2012 9.22am
I was told JVC Speakers. The police were there and one was hopping up and down yelling at a man on a motorbike who was insisting on driving up the streets.
Thursday 26 January 2012 1.43pm
I was cycling from Tanner Street, wanting to turn right onto Bermondsey Street, but a policewoman asked me to stop because my yellow hi-vis waistcoat would show up on in their filming (not sure why other colours would not show).
Looking north up B Street I could see a big white inflatable-looking thing being suspended from a crane. No idea what it was meant to be.
Thursday 26 January 2012 2.20pm
'I could see a big white inflatable-looking thing being suspended from a crane. No idea what it was meant to be.'

Its a helium filled balloon containing a light, used to create diffused, ambient lighting on set.
Monday 30 January 2012 11.44am
bit slow in posting about this one. I spoke to a guy in hi vis jacket and he also said it was for JVC speakers, with Sir Paul McCartney in it.
Monday 30 January 2012 12.24pm
Paul McCartney? You'd have thought he's about as relevant to speaker-buying urban yoot as Pitt the Younger.

Anyway, links nicely to the celeb sightings thread!
Monday 30 January 2012 12.58pm
I once flew Concord with McCartney. At Heathrow Concord had its own baggage collection carousel. He just stood around alone for 10 minutes waiting for his guitar to come round, signed a couple of autographs and acted like an unassuming gentleman. Considering the pomp with which he could surround himself, I was impressed.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: