Westminster Bridge

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 27 January 2012 10.14pm
Walking across the east side of Westminster Bridge has become a nightmare !
Not because of the tourists ,who we all want to support our economy , but that every 10 yards " 3 card month" is set up.
This within yards of our seat of government . Why are the police not swooping on this before more innocent tourists return home with sad stories of being ripped off while on holiday here .
Not a good image in this Olympic year
Saturday 28 January 2012 11.48pm
tache53 wrote:
Walking across the east side of Westminster Bridge has become a nightmare !
Not because of the tourists ,who we all want to support our economy , but that every 10 yards " 3 card month" is set up.
This within yards of our seat of government . Why are the police not swooping on this before more innocent tourists return home with sad stories of being ripped off while on holiday here .
Not a good image in this Olympic year

Can I assume that you meant 3 card monte?

Or is a 3 card month one where 3 people of your acquaintance have a birthday?
Sunday 29 January 2012 2.27am
Gosh sorry typo of course I meant 3 card monte , thanks for pointing it out
Monday 30 January 2012 10.40am
tache53 wrote:
Why are the police not swooping on this before more innocent tourists return home with sad stories of being ripped off while on holiday here

Who is being ripped off? It's a card trick. Sleight of hand. Illusion. Call it what you like. Anyone should know there's very little likelihood of them 'beating' the trick but they just fancy 'having a go'.

It's street entertainment. I don't see anything wrong with it. OK, if they are every 10 yards maybe there's a bit of overkill but what's the harm?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: