Good places to eat around Think Apartments, Tower Bridge Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 29 January 2012 8.22pm
A friend is visiting London with her children and has booked an apartment at Think Apartments at 169 Tower Bridge Road. Can people recommend good places to eat round there? Good child-friendly cafes particularly, and preferably independent rather than chains. Any suggestions much appreciated : )
Sunday 29 January 2012 11.04pm
Just down the road is Amisha Cafe,at 161 Grange Road a pizza place that I gather is child-friendly, but they're not open on Mondays. Or she could go down to Tower Bridge Road and find Sobo, a coffee place that does sandwiches and stuff or there's Bermondsey Square or Bermondsey Street - not too far away
Monday 30 January 2012 7.35am
For me the best is Zucca on Bermondsey street
Monday 30 January 2012 11.02am
Not sure Zucca would be the best place to go for regular feeding of children ... we have kids and have often been to the river and eaten at Zizi, Browns, Ask and Strada . Yes, they're 'chains' but as such are well set up for catering to kids [specific menus and crayons/colouring in paper]. There are also a few cafes along More London - Bagel Factory , Pod, Eat etc and I think there's still a Cafe Rouge in Hays Galleria.

Depending on how far they want to walk, there's a Nandos and Wagamama by the Anchor just through Borough Market [where there are lots of cafes/stalls selling takeaway food mainly Thurs/Fri/Sat].

Del Aziz is friendly enough at Bermondsey Square, Woolfson and Tay have a small cafe inside though not sure of choice/opening hours. For a Sunday roast, Simon the Tanner on Long Lane is good.

[No links to any of them other than being a satisfied customer/mum]
Monday 30 January 2012 6.34pm
For indepdents, I second AMisha. It is really good these days and is kid friendly....
Monday 30 January 2012 6.47pm
Amisha is my local independent - a relaxed vibe, roomy (so easy to manoeuvre a buggy, if necessary), consistent food quality and good value. There's also Maltings Cafe (v. near the Think Apartments) on TBR for tasty and reasonably priced lunches.
Tuesday 31 January 2012 11.06am
I love Cafe Amisha and Maltings Cafe. I have kids and they are always really welcoming in Cafe Amisha and you get a really big table to share.

Haven't had the pleasure of Zucca yet but have recently been to Magdalen - which for an expensive meal was really good.

Can't forget O-tower as well(when it reopens) which is always good, cheap and BYO, even if I feel the wife is a bit spikey at times.

Cafe Nawaz as well for good Indian at cheap prices and BYO.

Anyone tried the new Vietnamese on Tooley St yet?
Thursday 2 February 2012 9.49am
Thanks for all of these replies. Particularly for the non-chain places like Amisha and Sobo, which sound like exactly what my friend is after. Appreciated!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: