ex-Hercules pub

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 30 April 2001 10.32am
The building on Hercules Road which was the Hercules pub and most recently an Indian restarant, is currently being done up. Does anyone know what it will become? One of my friends suggested Wetherspoons had bought it.
NJA
Friday 4 May 2001 3.57pm
If this is the place I think you mean (on the junction with Kennington Road, near to Lambeth North tube) then...

I've not been round there lately, but used to live just past the war museum. Without wishing to say anything to incriminate anyone (myself included), it did seem to go through many different guises after the pub shut. At least 3 or 4 different restuarants over about 18 months to 2 years, if I remember rightly. I remember thinking at the time that so much money being spent on refitting the place, for it then to cease trading with 1-2 months appeared, outwardly, to be a classic sign of money-laundering. Not that this is an allegation, or anything more than an observation!

Don't send the boyz with baseball bats round for me!

<blockquote><i>All messages on the London SE1 Forum are the responsibility of the poster alone.</i></blockquote>
Friday 4 May 2001 4.01pm

A notice outside says Chinese restaurant opening soon.
X
Sunday 13 May 2001 5.08pm
It has a sign to say it is opening soon as a chinese restaurant
Thursday 24 May 2001 1.23pm
It is a retaurant called chopsticks - despite having the sign outside saying Chinese Restaurant it seems to be a Japanese restaurant offering sushi, tempura and noodles. Lets hope it sticks it a bit longer than the last one.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: