Shell Centre Dialogue

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 31 January 2012 5.52pm
The Shell Centre is holding an exhibition and workshop to discuss future development there. Details can be found on the SE1 website, or email shellcentredialogue@soundingsoffice.com

There are workshops on Wednesday 1 Feb evening and Thursday 2 Feb afternoon, and I think there are still places available. If you want to have your say, this is your chance!
Saturday 24 March 2012 8.51pm
I know it was a nice sunny day, but this has to have been the worst attended planning event I have ever been to.

The development proposals are sketchy in the extreme.
Tuesday 27 March 2012 12.57pm
The boards from the latest exhibition are now available here:
http://shellcentredialogue.com/downloads/

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 27 March 2012 2.36pm
The consultancy company Soundings, the same experts in 'community consultation' who are doing the consultation in The Elephant are, I see, also doing the Shell Centre thingy. Joy oh joy!
Monday 21 May 2012 2.51pm
Monday 21 May 2012 5.08pm
Ouch - that looks really high density. The existing buildings have plenty of space between them and in their internal squares, so they look quite 'leisurely', but this looks like every possible square metre of plan space has been used.

That "public" square's not going to get much light.

And I noticed that they show the existing Elisabeth House shape, rather than any indication of the proposed, taller new buildings.

I would guess that having such tall buildings on both sides of York Road might turn it into a dark, windy canyon.

Maybe it looks better in real life.
Monday 11 June 2012 9.41am
The panels from the latest exhibition are now available to download:
http://www.shellcentredialogue.com/downloads/

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: