wooden flooring

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 16 April 2002 8.35pm
Can anybody recommend a local company who can put in a quality wooden floor at a reasonable price?
Wednesday 17 April 2002 1.07pm
I just got mine done by Belgravia interiors. They charged 1950 for two bedrooms and a corridor (30m2 I think). They were the cheapest people I found and the quality is good.

Tel:01844 260264
Friday 19 April 2002 2.23pm
save the money i say. we've just had the pleasure of being forced to live beneath wooden floors - it's one of the most unneighbourly acts inflicted on us to date! sorry to say this - especially if you don't have anyone living above or below you.
Jan
Saturday 20 April 2002 8.24am
Kates right, my daughter has just moved into a small three bed house. after taking out the hideous m.f.i. built in cupboards in the living room and dining room, taking up the smelly dog two tone loop pile carpet, decorating to a style that would suit L.L.Bowen, I then offered to pay for her carpets.. she looked at me with horror and said no mum, I'm going to stain them and leave them bare.
She did it looked beautiful....the floorboards were the original and in excellent condition.. the noise is something else...
If you live in a property with someone dwelling underneath I think wood floors would bring you into the war zone with even the nicest of neighbours..
when you walk across the floor the noise is bloody irritating, as the space below the house makes it sound like drum....if you drop anything breakable it does..break....

When entertaining knocking your precious china off the dining table, or even worse, your precious lead crystal goblets your mum bought you ( take a hint daughter of mine!) onto a hard unyielding surface, that will shatter and take forever to get rid of the shards of glass.
I've told my daughter to invest in some large, inexpensive rugs from that swedish joint to muffle the sound.
Monday 22 April 2002 2.35pm
In my block of flats we all have wooden floors and I never hear any noise at all. They must have put in some sort of sound-proofing, which is very effective, but no idea how they did it. Still, if you are determined to have them, find out about sound-proofing first (and check your lease - a lot of them stipulate that floors must be carpeted.)

As for things smashing, I recently split up with my boyfriend, and in a fit of anger threw a vase he bought me on the floor. The bloody thing bounced! I had to throw it on the kitchen floor instead.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: