Housing advice/legal advice on it?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 5 February 2012 3.42pm
My 88 year old Aunt lives in a 1 bed property in Rolls Rd., My cousin who is in her 60s has been living with her for almost 4 years looking after her, she has letters from D.W.P. concerning her pension as proof. My Aunt was admitted to hospital just before Christmas to have her knee replaced and has been staying at another daughters out of London as they have toilet etc. bedroom on the ground floor until she has healed about another week or so.

My cousin was visited by a rep. of the housing assoc.who if I have got my facts right because she was in such a state told her that she is there illegally and my old Aunt would have to go in a home and my cousin leave the property! I tried to calm her down and told her to get advice pretty quickly...so the point of me doing my normal waffle is...whats the next thing to do next!
Sunday 5 February 2012 4.39pm
blackfriars advice centre at cambridge house is the first thing i can think of. there's also southwark tenancy support people who are definitely worth talking to as they're very likely to know either what to do or who to contact http://www.shp.org.uk/SouthwarkTS
Sunday 5 February 2012 4.50pm
Hi Jan,

I think she should ring Housing Options at Bournemouth Road to get some advice and be put in touch with various services like social services and maybe apply for sheltered housing with the Council if she finds she can't succeed to the tenancy.

Age Concern are also really good and worth contacting.
Sunday 5 February 2012 5.30pm
Hi, I'm one of your aunt's local elected councillors, please email me so that we can get on with sorting this out. office@grahamneale.com
Monday 6 February 2012 8.46pm
Thank you everyone, Graham will be contacting you shortly...:-) sometimes I feel like I have my own personal citizens advice bureau on here!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: