Need basic French lessons in bermondsey street/tower bridge area

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 11 February 2012 9.46am
I need basic French lessons for reading and conversation, does anyone know of any tutors close by please?. Rosetta Stone is ok, but expensive and I prefer a one to one or actual group lesson. It's for myself and my partner. All infos welcome. Thanks
Saturday 11 February 2012 9.56am
Maybe not close enough for you but look at Morley.
Saturday 11 February 2012 2.49pm
Hi I don't know of any tutors in the area.

I started with a basic course with the Institut-Francais in South Kensington. I also use the online BBC languages website you could start with basic French it covers all the topics your asking for.

Bonne chance!
Steve
Saturday 11 February 2012 3.49pm
On the noticeboard in my local Tesco Express (Borough Rd/SBR) someone is offering private lessons at 7/hr. Can look next time I'm in. Or there may be a similar ad in your local branch as well.
Saturday 11 February 2012 8.24pm
One of my friends partners does home lessons. I'll get her details on Monday.
Sunday 12 February 2012 1.23pm
The BBC languages website is very good, they also have a very funny bit where people write about their language blunders, like some poor girl telling her French hosts she was very randy instead of very warm!

The BBC French is free and will give you the basics.

A bit further afield, the CityLit also do very good language courses.
Monday 13 February 2012 12.58am
Boroman wrote:
On the noticeboard in my local Tesco Express (Borough Rd/SBR) someone is offering private lessons at 7/hr.

FYI was in again today and it's Jessica at helpmyfrench@gmail.com . It says she's a native speaker. No other connection here.
Monday 13 February 2012 11.00am
Auntie Pat wrote:
The BBC languages website is very good, they also have a very funny bit where people write about their language blunders, like some poor girl telling her French hosts she was very randy instead of very warm!
The BBC French is free and will give you the basics.

A bit further afield, the CityLit also do very good language courses.

I support this: I did BBC Italian and thought it was very well done and fun to do. I did the entire course and then enrolled in a rather more serious university course and found that the BBC Language site prepared me very well. Highly recommended.
Monday 25 February 2013 11.05am
Bonjour! I am a private French tutor. I am a native speaker from France, I am fully qualified and I have experience teaching French in Spain and in the UK. You might have already found a French teacher to help you out with your French language needs but in case, you can contact me directly. I live in Shad Thames SE1 2JL. My lessons are totally tailor - made, very conversation orientated with a lot of interaction and cultural elements. I love teaching about everything France is about and we all know France is much more than grammar and theory!!
Please, feel free to contact me for more details if you are still interested!
Thank you

Cristina Alias
cristina.aliasp@gmail.com
Monday 25 February 2013 3.19pm
There is a programme run in local pubs in the west end... I think its called Franglish

You get to sit with French or Spanish native speakers who want to learn English and you switch language so you both get to learn. It is quite cheap and is a social event so you get to have a drink and maybe make some friends, who knows, you may strike a chord with someone and negate the need to pay for tuition!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: