Light bulbs

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 11 February 2012 1.58pm
I live just off Great Dover Street. Is there shop that sells a good selection of light bulbs in the local area?

Thanks.
Saturday 11 February 2012 2.12pm
Stage Electrics on Long Lane sells light bulbs. Entrance is in their car park, Weston Street. They've stopped stocking the old bulbs though.
Saturday 11 February 2012 2.23pm
B&Q on the Old Kent Road has millions.

Well, hundreds anyway.
Saturday 11 February 2012 3.52pm
Edmundson in Great Suffolk Street carries many of the less usual ones.
Saturday 11 February 2012 4.20pm
Can you buy direct from Edmundson, I thought they were trade only? Useful if you can.
Saturday 11 February 2012 5.04pm
Tolstoy wrote:
Can you buy direct from Edmundson, I thought they were trade only? Useful if you can.

Yes, an oldfashioned business that may focus on the trade side but anyone can wander in, pick one lightbulb off the shelf and they'll laboriously write out a carbon copy receipt for it.

(Caveat: it's a year or so since I've been in. But think they'll also order in a one-off item from their catalogues if you like.)
Sunday 12 February 2012 9.49pm
Try EBS, opposite windmill walk in the Cut. They have most things, and if not just relax in the cockney backchat, as in, proffering strange light bulb, " Do you have one of these?" " Yes"

And for regulars it gets much worse
Monday 13 February 2012 12.00am
theedy wrote:
Try EBS, opposite windmill walk in the Cut. They have most things, and if not just relax in the cockney backchat, as in, proffering strange light bulb, " Do you have one of these?" " Yes"
And for regulars it gets much worse

Haha!
Monday 13 February 2012 7.46am
BEW Electrical on Grange Road - they've got just about everything.
Monday 13 February 2012 11.54am
Boroman wrote:
Edmundson in Great Suffolk Street carries many of the less usual ones.

I can second the recommendation:) found some really particular stuff in Edmundson a while back.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: