Recommendation for internal window shutter company

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 12 February 2012 6.45pm
I'm looking to commission some internal wooden shutters for my window (solid style like the link below, not plantation style).

Does anyone have someone they've used and could recommend as the internet is full of companies but I have no way of knowing who to trust (and as they'll be drilling into my walls I'd like someone who knows what they're doing).

Many thanks

Karen

http://www.capellashutters.com/recent-work/bermondsay-terrace/)
Monday 13 February 2012 5.16pm
Karen
Thems my shutters. I was very happy with the company and am still very happy with the shutters...

Hope that helps
J
Monday 13 February 2012 5.38pm
Thanks Jim. I'll get in touch. I had read one review of the company that was negative in relation to black out blinds but I guess that is a different kettle of fish (so to speak).
Wednesday 15 February 2012 10.12pm
Try Ian on Tel: 07768002209 or 01992641555. He is very reliable but may be on the expensive range.
Thursday 17 May 2012 12.19pm
Just to update you, I did call a couple of carpenters but actually in the end went with Capella and they worked out very nice - because they spray paint the shutters and have them made in China, they actually work v.well in a contemporary setting.

Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone else is looking for a shutter company.

http://www.capellashutters.com
Thursday 24 July 2014 1.36pm
Hi

Noticed your post and couldn't help but respond. We decided to have window shutters for our house and had 3 quotes of different companies.

The one company was hard sell!! the second company didn't give me much confidence but the third company was great.

I used Roddy from Love Shutters UK, he came to our house and he listened to what we wanted and explained the different types of shutters. He measured the windows and gave us a quote there and then and he was quite happy to leave the quote with us to make our own mind up, no hard sell. It was a breath of fresh air to be honest. The shutters now look great and have recommended Love Shutters to my friends and family.
Thursday 24 July 2014 4.51pm
>spam?
Thursday 24 July 2014 5.21pm
Astroturf alert: 'Jane42' is using an email account belonging to Kangs Solicitors.

The proprietor of Kangs Solicitors, Hamraj Kang, is also - together with Roddy McCrae, one of the directors of Love Shutters.

It is against the law for a trader to falsely create the impression that he is not acting for a purpose relating to his trade, business, craft or profession or to falsely represent oneself as a consumer.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 24 July 2014 6.57pm
A solicitor and/or his employees ought to act within the law. Shameful.
Thursday 24 July 2014 10.55pm
Way to go James!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: