Old Fart Old School Punk Bass Player...

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Monday 13 February 2012 12.46am
...looking to jam once a week with like-minded drummer, guitarist and singer purely for nostalgic pleasure and occasional gig if anyone cares to book it. There are plenty of affordable rehearsal rooms available locally. Anyone interested?
Monday 13 February 2012 8.40am
Go for it, chief. I've long thought there's room for a fresh take on it by those who were there, regardless of age. Who are your influences?
Wednesday 15 February 2012 9.21pm
Ruts, The Stranglers, early Peter Hook. Basically I like a strong, melodic yet aggressive and heavy bass.
Thursday 16 February 2012 12.55pm
got all nostalgic at the mention of The Ruts and atarted looking through my record collection-then 11 year old asked me what those black things were-now feel incredibly old!!!
Thursday 16 February 2012 1.41pm
I saw (some of) the Ruts last November in Bristol supporting the Alabama 3 under the name Ruts DC.

They're still well worth seeing.
Thursday 16 February 2012 2.25pm
Bermondsey's Burning with anxi-e-teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 16 February 2012 11.01pm
I can't sing, but I know all the words!
Friday 17 February 2012 9.53pm
"The Crack" is on my perennial list of favourite albums. There are many old punk bands I can only listen to when I get nostalgic because they have dated, but The Crack has aged well...
Friday 17 February 2012 11.17pm
I can remember Ruts DC playing Love in Vein at The Lyceum, like it was yesterday - but does anyone else give a dam?
Saturday 18 February 2012 1.10am
graham wrote:
I can't sing, but I know all the words!

I'd say you were perfect for the gig then.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: