Street Party

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Thursday 16 February 2012 11.03pm
Does anyone know of any groups who are planning to organise a street party for the Queen's diamond jubilee?
Friday 17 February 2012 10.15am
Karen I wrote:
Does anyone know of any groups who are planning to organise a street party for the Queen's diamond jubilee?

The Bermondsey Street Area Partnership (BSAP) is planning "A Picnic in The Park" (Tanner Street Park) for the Diamond Jubilee on one of the Bank Holidays. Details soon...

We are envisaging a smaller-scale event than our "Bermondsey Street Festival", which will be on 22nd September 2012.

Keep an eye on our website:

http://www.bermondseyvillage.org.uk/

for updates on the "Party In The Park".

Also, why not join us and become part of the BSAP (Residents 15 / Businesses 75 per annum) ?

Important for me to state here, in the interests of full disclosure, that I am the Membership Secretary of the BSAP!
Friday 17 February 2012 7.48pm
Thank you for this. I asked the question because my TRA are considering either a street party or garden party and I was hoping to pick a few brains and gauge response from SE1ers.
Saturday 18 February 2012 1.54am
Hi dont know about party ,but would like to say it would be great to go ,i was at the first one in spa rd 1953 .
Zoe
Saturday 18 February 2012 8.46am
Wow, you should be guest of honour at this one!
Saturday 19 May 2012 10.09am
The Bermondsey Street Area Partnership hope that you, your family, neighbours and friends will join us for the community event of 2012 The Diamond Jubilee Street Party!

Fancy Dress Competition Theme : 1950s or Red, White & Blue. Prizes for Best Adult and Best Child Costumes / Best Hat / Best Cake Competition. Bring Your Own Picnic And Meet Your Street!

Timetable: 1.00-5.30pm : Monday 4th June 2012 : Bermondsey Street : Long Lane To Tanner Street :

12 noon Bermondsey Street closed to Traffic (please move any cars parked on the Street!); Tables and chairs laid out.

1pm St Mary Magdalen church bells peal; Diamond Jubilee Partygoers sit to eat and drink their Picnic goodies.

1:30pm Entertainment: 1950s singers and music.

3pm Cake competition and Fancy Dress judging; Prizes from local restaurants. Cake tasting.

3:30-5pm Entertainment: 1950s singers and music.

5.30pm Diamond Jubilee Party Ends; Tables and chairs removed.

6.00pm Bermondsey Street re-opens to Traffic.

If you are bursting with Bermondsey pride and would like to help out, please see contact details for Michael Davis (07976 693 895 michaelsjd@mac.com) or Angela Fordham (07758 333 702 afordham@wset.co.uk). All welcome!

Dale Gibson
BSAP Membership Secretary
Tuesday 22 May 2012 6.53pm
Am really looking forward to the Bermondsey Street Party for the Jubilee! Sounds a really fun and neighbourly event. Will have to get my thinking cap on to decide what food to prepare to take!
Tuesday 22 May 2012 7.08pm
Hello I would like to volunteer, emailed but have not heard anything?
Tuesday 22 May 2012 7.22pm
Hi Julia,

Clearly not good enough - someone will be standing on the "naughty step" for that !

You are welcome to contact me using the Private Message function on this website and I will ensure that you get a response to your enquiry.

Two weeks and counting 'til the Bermondsey Street Jubilee Party !
Tuesday 29 May 2012 12.43pm
Hi, sounds like a really good day. I noticed the flyer for the event says "everyone on the street is invited". I live round the corner and am keen on attending, is there a particular part of the event that is for Bermondsey Street residents only?
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: