FM Conway Despair

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 18 February 2012 9.56pm
I have helplessly watched daily for the past 2 weeks in despair and rage how FM Conway has destroyed the pavement on the corner of block 4 Devon Mansions on Tooley Street and laid new one back in exactly the same position.

They supposedly put a new flower bed which has absolutely the same dimension and shape as the old one the only difference is that the old one was raised 20in raised while the supposedly the new one is on street level.

It is beyond any decency and an insult to the human intelligence how such work has been commissioned and paid by the SE1 tax payers:
1.Replace a flowerbed with almost identical one
2.Destroy around a double size pavement area just to replace it.

I work in finance and I assess that this job in the way it was done it costed about 4 times as it should have.

Is it any audit at the council of the work performed by FM Conway? Could anyone be hold responsible for all this waste? Have anyone else seen pointless "improvement" work done by the council?
Sunday 19 February 2012 8.33am
They only thing I can think of Miti, and I may well be wrong not having seen it, is that a pedestrian with impaired vision or similar has complained about tripping over something 10inches high? and in these days of 'no win,no fees'..In the old days you could ring the council and speak to someone direct, now it's flipping call centres..

Not sure if it would still be the remit of Engineers and Surveyors who may like the dinasaurs be extinct!

One of Conways yellow trucks woke me up at 7.30 this morning with their engine running after they had been in the cafe!
Sunday 19 February 2012 10.58am
I've always felt that this business of hastily spending budgets around this time of year so as to ensure qualification for similar or the same budget in the next financial year to be a little strange,I reckon thats what's going on here.
Monday 20 February 2012 2.53pm
I was wondering what they were doing, I havent been that way for over a week but will be tomorrow.

May be a local counsellor could give us some more informaiton?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: