Residents in the cottages on Pages Walk

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pops Sunday 19 February 2012 2.08pm
Do you live in the purple fronted cottage, with a blue car?
Do you have a green wheelie bin?

Do not come on a private estate to dump your rubbish.

Advertisement

beetroot Sunday 19 February 2012 2.59pm
Tell me about it!
Pigs in the flats on Snowsfields above the little row of shops (Aquarium place, hair-dressers, cafes etc.) use Guinness as their bin. Bad enough when they fill our bins up so we can't get our rubbish in but they regularly just dump it on the street in front of them.
boroughonian Sunday 19 February 2012 3.04pm
Indicative of how they view us i'm afraid.
Pops Sunday 19 February 2012 3.58pm
They use our recycle bins to. I've seen them, quiet a few of them walking through our estate to get to Tower Bridge Road dumping their recycling in the bins. Another thing is their dogs on our grass. Makes me so angry.
Boroman Sunday 19 February 2012 6.50pm
I'll take issue here to an extent.

Southwark has recently cut its kerbside recycling service to the point that it does more harm than good. Blue boxes, white bags and suchlike sit on pavements for weeks on end. So they attract rats and foxes and their contents end up bestrewing the street.

So what are residents meant to do? Best thing seems to take recycling to the nearest place that has the large wheelie bins that are emptied by being swung on to the back of a binmen's lorry.

And if a lot of those bins happen to be sited in or on the edge of council estates, so be it. I use some that are (though in this case are on a public cul-de-sac).
boroughonian Sunday 19 February 2012 9.41pm
Boroman wrote:
I'll take issue here to an extent.
Southwark has recently cut its kerbside recycling service to the point that it does more harm than good. Blue boxes, white bags and suchlike sit on pavements for weeks on end. So they attract rats and foxes and their contents end up bestrewing the street.

So what are residents meant to do? Best thing seems to take recycling to the nearest place that has the large wheelie bins that are emptied by being swung on to the back of a binmen's lorry.

And if a lot of those bins happen to be sited in or on the edge of council estates, so be it. I use some that are (though in this case are on a public cul-de-sac).

Complain to southwark council?
Pops Sunday 19 February 2012 10.23pm
This was house hold rubbish, well she put it in the main dust bin. Why couldn't she use her green bin that Southwark Council provide?? There are public recycle bins in Leroy Street, they should use. If our bins get full up our estate starts to look a mess, we do not need residents from the street using our bins.
Boroman Tuesday 21 February 2012 1.18am
Pops wrote:
This was house hold rubbish

OK, though I was responding more to your subsequent post:

Pops wrote:
They use our recycle bins to. I've seen them, quiet a few of them walking through our estate to get to Tower Bridge Road dumping their recycling in the bins.

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions