Who manages the E&C roundabout pedestrian areas

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 20 February 2012 2.49pm
I'm going in circles between TfL and Southwark around who runs the lighting on the roundabout, for pedestrian areas. Anyone know? The lights on the ramp down from roundabout to shopping center are out and have been since end December.
TAK
Monday 20 February 2012 11.04pm
James, do you think this is connected with the Strata Boris Bike station being out of use for weeks now? In addition, most new lighting that was put into the refurbished Draper Estate landscaping has been out of order for a few weeks too now...
Monday 20 February 2012 11.28pm
have you spoken to our gla people?
TAK
Tuesday 21 February 2012 10.21am
Maybe send an email to CllrCatherine Bowman?
Tuesday 21 February 2012 10.37am
Someone (Caroline Pidgeon IIRC) has tabled a question to the Mayor about the reason for the docking station outside Strata being broken for so long.

The answer should be published next Monday evening.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 21 February 2012 11.23am
TAK wrote:
James, do you think this is connected with the Strata Boris Bike station being out of use for weeks now? In addition, most new lighting that was put into the refurbished Draper Estate landscaping has been out of order for a few weeks too now...

No idea, possible I suppose, but odd - these are some way apart and other things are working.

I'd hoped to get this sorted with officers rather than having to involve our elected representatives in a lighting fault...

Cllr Noakes has seen this post, emailed Southwark and got a straight answer out of them (it's TfL's responsibility) and asked them to see to it. My thanks to him.

While they are at it, the hedges around the ramps really need trimming too.

Constantly seems to be a problem where responsibility between boroughs and TfL meet, not just here - had similar problems trying to get lighting on the Hungerford Crossing's repaired...
TAK
Thursday 1 March 2012 9.34pm
Hi James, whom did you talk to in the end?
Thursday 1 March 2012 9.36pm
Cllr Noakes got SC to confirm it was TFL, and contact them, reported it on the online but TFL streets has no phone number (that I can see).

Still broken, three months.
Friday 2 March 2012 12.52am
So who is getting the ground rent from the advertising hoardings on the roundabout? I'm sure someone once told me once that Southwark owned the freehold of the roundabout land???
Friday 2 March 2012 10.34am
Yes, I believe you are right, LR.

The recent planning application for new billboards/hoardings was submitted by the council itself.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: