Development corner of Weston Street/Leathermarket St

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Monday 20 February 2012 7.58pm
I can't see anything on the Forum about the building works on the corner. The noisier stuff seems to have finally slowed down but what's coming up?

And have they encroached onto Leathermarket Gardens, next to the kids park? There is less of it now!
Monday 20 February 2012 8.52pm
Why has the council let the developer encroach on Leathermarket Gardens (they have cut into the grassy mound), remove some of the children's toys/rides and use a part of the park as a dump?

How is the council going ensure that all is made good when there is an example on Leathermarket Street of a developer overstepping the agreed planning permission and the council is left essentially powerless to enforce what was agreed.
Monday 20 February 2012 9.25pm
I've just seen it. My hope is that they've had to put the hoarding up quite far from the planned building and it doesn't mark out an area taken from the playground.
The mound near the Weston St. gate was entirely in the park, including the slope down towards the development. The whole area is huge compared to the space the building and the yard next to it originally took up.
Very strange.
Monday 20 February 2012 9.36pm
beetroot wrote:
Very strange.

There's no mystery, they have planted their hoarding at the top and the lower slope has simply vanished. It went quick.
Tuesday 21 February 2012 10.10am
Nothing on the plans to indicate the size of the site was any bigger than the previous building/yard. The fourth tree south of the Weston Street gate is now behind their white hoarding. The drawings/photmontages are in the documents section here:

http://planningonline.southwarksites.com/planningonline2/AcolNetCGI.exe?ACTION=UNWRAP&RIPNAME=Root.PgeResultDetail&TheSystemkey=9535583
Tuesday 21 February 2012 11.06am
The plan of old building and yard are accurate.
http://planningonline.southwarksites.com/planningonline2/DocsOnline/Documents/91771_1.pdf

Google satellite view shows it well. There was no grassed area in the yard originally.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=se1&hl=en&ll=51.500812,-0.085009&spn=0.000643,0.001691&hnear=SE1,+United+Kingdom&t=h&z=20

This is a pretty big area that appears to have been nabbed. So how do we find out what's happening?
Tuesday 21 February 2012 11.34am
If this is a land grab, it's so brazen I'm almost impressed!

Could be time for some official attention... maybe take some pics and contact the Planning Case Officer listed on the application for 106 WESTON STREET, LONDON, SE1 3QB (10/AP/1088 )

Ronan O'Connor
tel: 020 7525 5420
email: planning.applications@southwark.gov.uk).

Anyone know of the best route for this??
Tuesday 21 February 2012 2.22pm
I noticed this as well. I was very puzzled as this site was not fenced originally when they started tearing down the building..
jpm
Tuesday 21 February 2012 4.49pm
Developers often go for land grabs - particularly when they put their hoardings up. Leathermarket JMB has had a strip of land stolen by people who are building the new development on Wild's Rents next to the Meakin Estate.

They just brazenly put up the hoardings on your land and don't worry about it. I suppose they think with council land that the council doesn't care.

Can somebody post if they get a reply back from Southwark Planning.

ta
Tuesday 21 February 2012 5.02pm
Clive S wrote:
If this is a land grab, it's so brazen I'm almost impressed!
Could be time for some official attention... maybe take some pics and contact the Planning Case Officer listed on the application for 106 WESTON STREET, LONDON, SE1 3QB (10/AP/1088 )

Ronan O'Connor
tel: 020 7525 5420
email: planning.applications@southwark.gov.uk).

Anyone know of the best route for this??

The best route for this is to call Ronan O'Connor. My experiences of dealing with the planning department at Southwark have been positive, and I have been consistently impressed at how up-to-speed the planning officers are with their cases. No connection etc, just a satisfied punter...
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: