Simon Hughes votes to keep NHS risk register secret

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Friday 24 February 2012 9.59am
Disappointing to learn that Simon Hughes voted against publishing the risk register for the government's NHS privatisation bill. The information commissioner had ordered that it be published but the government has appealed in order to drag the process out until after the legislation has been through parliament. So much for open government. What are they trying to hide?

There is an ePetition here which is nearly up to 160,000
http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/22670
Friday 24 February 2012 12.55pm
Agreed, this is astonishing. What is Mr Hughes hoping to achieve by obscuring the details of this process?

I see this as a vote against the constituents of Southwark. I donít know of anybody in Southwark who is not interested in seeing the contents of the paper which Mr Hughes is hiding from his voters.

I await with great interest an explaination for this vote and I add my name to the above petition.
Friday 24 February 2012 2.34pm
I'm not interested....
Friday 24 February 2012 2.41pm
shaggy wrote:
I'm not interested....

lol

of course only enough to open the thread read the posts . . . and type a response - not that interested

:D

I wouldnt like to get between you and something that you actually are interested in.
Friday 24 February 2012 2.47pm
believe me, I've a v high boredom threshold...

;)
Saturday 25 February 2012 10.48am
"I'm not interested...."

Yeah, right up to the point you get ill, no doubt...

Thanks for flagging this Nick. There was little chance of me voting for Hughes anyway, but it's good to know this stuff. Definitely disappointing, but hardly surprising. Signed.
Saturday 25 February 2012 6.03pm
This goes against everything that I thought Hughes was supposed to stand for - and why he stayed out (or was kept out) of the coalition cabinet. What a weasel!
Monday 27 February 2012 10.31am
I do not find the way Simon Hughes voted on the risk register suprising or disappointing, it is what I have come to expect of him. Remember student fees and loans, the EMA to name but two and now his support for a bill that is designed to destroy the NHS as a free, at the point of use,service.
We will hear from Mr. Hughes eventually some more of his weasel words trying to justify himself and why he actively supports the most right wing and anti common man government I have ever seen in this country but why did he vote against the risk register being made public? The government has been instructed by the courts to publish the register but refuses to do so until after Lansley's bill has been passed, you don't need the brains of Einstein to realise that publication of the register would sink the health bill in the water and Simon Hughes knows that, so by voting against publication now he is doing all he can to make sure the bill gets through. We will remember at the next election his betrayal of the politics he professed to believe in so perhaps like some other ex MPs he should start lining up a well paid city job with the help of his new best friends.
Monday 27 February 2012 1.06pm
Write or e mail him and tell him of your disappointment in his decision,I am.
Tuesday 28 February 2012 11.46am
shaggy wrote:
I'm not interested....

. . . you will be the person that Mr Hughes represents in Southwark then.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: