50p for free on Potters Field

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 24 February 2012 1.33pm
There is an ice sculpture full of 50p pieces on Potters Fields today for the new newspaper The Sun on Sunday or whatever it's going to be called.

The sculpture is slowly melting and you can get a 50p for free. Security on guard to stop people using lighters etc to get at coins
Friday 24 February 2012 1.40pm
Isn't that illegal?
Friday 24 February 2012 1.49pm
50p! You can tell these are austere times. At least the revolting free money grab from Oakmayne Properties on Walworth Rd to advertise their South Central flats was made up of 300 fivers. It's the times, eh?
Friday 24 February 2012 6.42pm
Go ahead and lose your dignity....for 50p.
Friday 24 February 2012 10.40pm
Is the super-soaraway, phone-tapping, police-corrupting (allegedly), hate-peddling Sunday Sun going to be softer or coarser when you're wiping with it than the Mail, do you reckon?
Saturday 25 February 2012 1.29pm
The security guards won't let you use lighters? Seeing as it's a stunt for "The Sun" I suppose they'll allow you hack into it.
Monday 27 February 2012 9.47pm
Is it just me or is Potters field rubbish at advertising promos, I check their site occassionally and theres seldom anything there, and only ever hear of anything when its gone
Tuesday 28 February 2012 9.26am
How times have changed indeed.
One day back in, (I think,) the late 1970's, a guy stood on Tower Hill offering five pound notes to passers by, most of whom declined and walked briskly past him as if he had the plague.
Does anyone else remember this?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: