Laughing Gravy - Yum!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 24 February 2012 2.51pm
I feel a bit of a fool as have only just discovered how good Laughing Gravy is even though I have lived close to it for four years. Went there for a roast on Sunday as was just back from hols and too lazy to venture to Bermondsey Street. Was amazed and really chuffed how good it is now since it has changed hands. Can't believe I hadn't given it a go till now, especially when the table next to us were all the way from Boston as had read about it on Trip Adviser. Should probably not let the secret out as won't get a table next time so easily but thought I should share with other SE1 folk.
Friday 24 February 2012 6.21pm
+1 to the above post

eaten there a few times and been very happy ....!!
Friday 24 February 2012 7.34pm
+1 too. Having it at the other end of my road is incredibly dangerous :(
Monday 27 February 2012 11.38am
Have to say, we went along yesterday for Sunday lunch full of high hopes and expectatios (having read loads of great reviews on tripadvisor etc.) but left disappointed. Starters were great quality, so there's doubtless real talent in the kitchen, but after that it all fell apart- cold roasts, tired old vegetables being used and tin foil found in one dish(!); service seemingly couldn't cope with a restaurant at full capacity. Hoping we just got unlucky, and we'll be back at some point to try out their evening menu when they're hopefully not rushed off their feet, but it has left a bit of a sour taste!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: