Garage to rent?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 25 February 2012 1.55pm
Hi Everyone,
I'm looking for a secure Garage to rent in the SE1 area (I live near Long Lane). I would need it from the end of March onwards. Does anyone have any suggestions or have one themselves that would be available?

Thanks, Paul Nelson.
Saturday 25 February 2012 4.20pm
Did you ask the council, they often have a waiting list for them.
Saturday 25 February 2012 4.21pm
Try Leathermarket JMB:

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Saturday 25 February 2012 7.02pm
Southwark council are desperate to rent their garages to council tenants and non tenants, there are ads all over the place, have a look on their website.
Saturday 25 February 2012 8.30pm
Thanks a lot for the info, i'll try the council first...

All the best,

Monday 27 February 2012 7.22am
I recently got a 25 sq ft self storage unit in Willow Walk, which works out at 60 per month. Although there isn't 24-hour access like you would have with a garage, it is cheaper and, arguably, more secure. We looked into the garages but at 18 per week I felt it was too expensive.
Monday 27 February 2012 10.20am
Southwark council are putting the price up again for non Southwark residents to rent garages.

They also introduced a discount for 70+ and disabled people last year, allowing them to rent garages for 5 per week, this has now been abolished from 5th April, however can still get a 5 discount from the 18.XX per week. a huge sum of money for a pensioner or someone disabled.

Southwark is trying to get rid of local people having garages and making it a more commercial venture.

Shame on you Southwark, I have seen garage rents go from 6 to over 18 per week in the last 6-8 years!
Monday 27 February 2012 1.54pm

Try taking a look at our website:

Just select 'private' in the filter options.

Good luck!
Monday 27 February 2012 6.31pm
Thanks for the info Gavin, what was the storage company? I can see the garages have gone up in price.James, I will try the JMB website and comriverside, I will also take at look at the website you have put forward. Zoe, the council website for garages was unavailable when I looked the other night but I'll try again

Paul Nelson
Tuesday 28 February 2012 7.55am
Hi Paul

I couldn't remember the name when I did my original post, but it is Access Self Storage, 61 Willow Walk. Good luck!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: