OLYMPICS DELAYED?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 27 February 2012 8.21pm
I have just received (27th February 2012) an email which says it

"originated from The London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with its registered office at One Churchill Place, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5LN and registered number 05267819."

The email states that

"The London Prepares series enables us to test key aspects of our operations ahead of next year’s Games – such as results, scoring and timing systems, the fields of play, the venues and the people who will be working to ensure the Games run smoothly."

Is this true? You cannot (of course) ask the senders of the email, but perhaps someone out there knows the truth.

mickmac
Monday 27 February 2012 9.05pm
I wonder if it could be a typo or should it have gone out towards the end of last year? I received the same email to my work email address. I assumed it was okay because if it was dodgy it would have been quarantined as my employer is a London 2012 sponsor. But, emails from Olympic Committee and its affiliates normally go to my private email address, so it is odd. However, if it is bona fide then it's unusual that it was not prove read before distribution and someone is in for a telling off me thinks.
Monday 27 February 2012 11.53pm
Be still my foolish heart, if only they could be delayed until 3012.
But it is too late for me, I and three other cab drivers, plus our wives, have made a reservation for six weeks on a five bedroomed hacienda on the outskirts of Santiago, Chile.
It has cable TV but I doubt we'll watch the Olympics, we'll be suffering chronic schadenfreude at the traffic jams in London that will hopefully be aired on BBC news.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: