New BHS space

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 28 February 2012 12.21am
I was walking up BHS this evening and saw that the 'luxury flat building' opposite the scaffolding is now illuminated with blue lights -- on the inside, it looks like there is a fancy coffee machine and refrigerators for wine and/or fancy drinks. Does this mean the space may be something other than an estate agent? Or are those features common for some sort of 'posh' estate agent?
Tuesday 28 February 2012 8.52am
It is a branch of Foxtons estate agents

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 28 February 2012 9.39am
So there you go, James 127, another posh estate agent. It means that the smart guys are moving to our manor. Are we glad? Or are we alarmed? Answers on a postcard.
Tuesday 28 February 2012 9.49am
bizarrely I think it could be the best thing that happens to BHS. I'm no fan, but if Foxtons can help regenerate that road its only a good thing...it needs some kind of catalyst as in recent years its been a grim street to walk down
Tuesday 28 February 2012 12.10pm
shaggy wrote:
bizarrely I think it could be the best thing that happens to BHS. I'm no fan, but if Foxtons can help regenerate that road its only a good thing...it needs some kind of catalyst as in recent years its been a grim street to walk down

possibly, and I believe they're not the only new estate agents on BHS but the increase in my postbox is phenomenal as they are now all competing to sell my property (that I don't want to sell). Not just flyers but mail addressed to 'the occupier' and to me personally. This in turn has generated more from their competitors on Bermondsey Street. Still its nice to know I'm popular even if only with estate agents
Tuesday 28 February 2012 12.53pm
susan-charlotte wrote:
possibly, and I believe they're not the only new estate agents on BHS but the increase in my postbox is phenomenal as they are now all competing to sell my property (that I don't want to sell).

Couldn't agree more.

A small rain forests worth of paper has come through my door from estate agents in the last month.

Its amazing how many properties estate agents claim to have sold recently in my road, and how many "desperate buyers" they have waiting to purchase mine.
LK
Tuesday 28 February 2012 1.59pm
Was momentarily confused into thinking a branch of BHS was opening. Not enough places to buy beige slacks round here.
Monday 5 March 2012 1.43pm
susan-charlotte wrote:
shaggy wrote:
bizarrely I think it could be the best thing that happens to BHS. I'm no fan, but if Foxtons can help regenerate that road its only a good thing...it needs some kind of catalyst as in recent years its been a grim street to walk down

possibly, and I believe they're not the only new estate agents on BHS but the increase in my postbox is phenomenal as they are now all competing to sell my property (that I don't want to sell). Not just flyers but mail addressed to 'the occupier' and to me personally. This in turn has generated more from their competitors on Bermondsey Street. Still its nice to know I'm popular even if only with estate agents

I agree with these comments. Not content with the physical cluttering of my property's hallway, two unscrupulous colleagues at the new Foxtons have also done their best to fill my email account with their propaganda, explaining at length why I should use them to sell my property at 2.5%, rather than the more usual 1.75%. I have no idea how they have found me. As ever, I would rather they left me in peace and I'd rather use any other EA.

KFH, also recently opened on BHS, have remained remarkably dignified by comparison. Either that or they have bothered a different section of the area.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: