Trinity Street - Questionnaire

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 1 June 2004 2.23pm
Has any one else received a questionaire about the 'experimental' traffic scheme in place blocking access to Trinity Street? 21st June is closing date for comments....

jan
Tuesday 1 June 2004 2.42pm

no - despite currently residing very nearby
Tuesday 1 June 2004 2.48pm
A Mr Xiberras, Transport Team ,
London Borough of Southwark
Regeneration,
Freepost SE 1919/14
London,
SE17 2BR

is the guy who who deals with it...

jan
Tuesday 1 June 2004 2.52pm
I have Jan (live off Falmouth Rd). In fact, now you've reminded me of it, I must make sure I fill it in.

IMO, the temporary barriers have completely improved Falmouth Rd and surrounding roads, and I hope they make them permanent.

[On another note, this must mean that we live nearby, Jan. Surely, all the more reason for you to come out and drink some c**** the next time we meet up.]

...there's plenty more c**** in the cup.
Tuesday 1 June 2004 3.26pm
I have received one also and agree that the barriers are great. Trinity Street and Square are lovely, and much nicer to walk down now.
Tuesday 1 June 2004 3.41pm
the trouble is bartholomew street, great dover street,all the little turnings off great dover street get it..:-( I love to look at the Squares...I don't know what the answer is..I wish they had speed cameras down bartholomew street the speed the cars come down there....pity they can't close that off too!!

jan
Tuesday 1 June 2004 3.50pm
[short pause for me to look up where Bartholomew St is]

I see Jan. Looking at it on a map it does seem ridiculous that (having blocked off one rat run between Gt Dover and OKR) they don't put restrictions on Bartholomew St as well.

...there's plenty more c**** in the cup.
Monday 21 June 2004 2.28pm
It looks like only a select few houses were sent the questionnaire. I asked Mr Xiberras for one - it took him two weeks to send one through though.
Monday 21 June 2004 4.26pm
I understand that the closing date for comments has been extended to Friday this week. If anyone is having difficulty getting the forms let me know. I agree that the scheme should be made permanent and rolled out to other areas of intense rat running - the safety & health benefits are huge.
Wednesday 23 June 2004 12.40pm
Keep the barriers and make them permanant and attractive, like they used to be.
I remember being promised,by a pannel of Southwark Traffic planners (at a meeting at the Henry Wood Hall), that the junction of G't Dover St/ Trinity St would be landscaped with a raised flower bed like it used to have!

The general quality of life has improved so much since the barriers and I think that the scheme should be permanant. If there are problems with adjacent streets then the council must look seriously at addressing those issues, but not at the expense of a very successful scheme overall.

Ian Glover
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: