Vacant land on Grange Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 28 February 2012 3.55pm
There's quite a lot of vacant waste land between Pages Walk and Crimscott Street on Grange Road. It's been empty for years. Anyone know what the deal is? Who owns the land; if there are plans for development etc?
Tuesday 28 February 2012 4.27pm
A development of 41 flats was approved at the end of last year:

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/5740

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 28 February 2012 4.49pm
Thanks James. Should have guessed it would be a development of your average cheap box flats. ho hum
Tuesday 28 February 2012 5.19pm
I always though there was a problem because there was a garage there and the storage tanks holding petrol fumes? or have i got the wrong spot again!
Tuesday 28 February 2012 5.55pm
no Jan you're right. just don't buy a basement flat...
Wednesday 29 February 2012 9.53pm
lol Shaggy...wonder if they excavate the tanks or just wash 'em? :-)
Thursday 1 March 2012 11.12am
The tanks were taken out when the petrol station was demolished; I watched it happen! It must have shut about 2004/5 and demolished soon after?

There is a problem in that the house on Crimscott St has a right of way across the site. They'll have to buy that out.

Funny, I thought a development had been approved years ago; it was one of the sites for the decanting of Heygate tenants.
Thursday 1 March 2012 2.51pm
The Mapmaker wrote:
The tanks were taken out when the petrol station was demolished; I watched it happen! It must have shut about 2004/5 and demolished soon after?
I thought it closed earlier than 2004/5- this is the former Baxter Esso garage we're on about? I thought it had been closed since at least 2000.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: