Borough High Street scaffolding to be dismantled after seven years

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 28 February 2012 7.06pm
I knew it...7 years of inaction and delay by local councillors and the minute Foxtons open up the scaffolding gets taken down! This clearly was part of a deal struck to bring the oh-so-jumped up estate agents to tatty old BHS in the first place. But what is going to appear in place of these derelict buildings?
Tuesday 28 February 2012 9.30pm
Am gonna miss the scaffolding! Do you remember when it used to say 'Flutes Shop' and then the F was robbed so it read 'Lutes Shop'. Pure poetic time-travelling BHS!!
Tuesday 28 February 2012 10.04pm
This is good news, but they are still equivocating on actually DOING something with the store fronts.

When they actually plan to lease the buildings for a nice local shop, bar or restaurant I'll get excited.
Wednesday 29 February 2012 7.57am
james127 wrote:
When they actually...

Who do you think "they" is?
Zoe
Wednesday 29 February 2012 8.05am
I think it's a bit unfair to say there's been delay and inaction from local councillors. I've heard them talking about this for years, they seem to have really tried to get the scaffolding removed.
Wednesday 29 February 2012 8.56am
They is Kings College. what I loved is that they say it'll be down in time for the Olympics. Phew.
Wednesday 29 February 2012 8.57am
It's been up so long I thought it had got a grade II listing.
Wednesday 29 February 2012 11.03am
re: councillors - yes all talk but no action. This is purely as a result of pressure from Foxton's who would never have set up shop opposite what looks like a shanty town without a guarantee the view would be sorted out
Wednesday 29 February 2012 11.05am
Are you being serious?

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 29 February 2012 1.41pm
just an assumption but the coincidence is remarkable...one week foxton's opens the next week the street gets cleaned up! i cannot believe they would have taken that site (keeping in mind their up-market brand image) without a promise of something being done about the urban landscape on their front door
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: