Men's haircut at Elephant

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
TAK
Friday 2 March 2012 7.23pm
Can anyone recommend a hairdresser / barber shop at the elephant for men's haircut?

I've seen there is some place in the shopping centre more or less opposite the sundial and another place in Draper estate where the post office used to be. Has anyone tried these? Any other places nearby?

Many thanks in advance for recommendations.
Saturday 3 March 2012 1.07pm
I'm yet to find a decent men's haircut in Elephant proper - the last 8 jobby on Walworth Road, and the barber knocked my glasses onto the floor, breaking them (an 8 cut turned into a 100 cut, dear God!).

The one in the shopping centre is OK, depending on who does it - don't want to personally identify people online but one of their barbers is terrible.

The only recommendation in the area I could make is Kardo's on Tower Bridge Road who do a very good cut for a tenner. I'd be interested if anyone had any other reccs (I'm happy to spend a little bit more to preserve my glasses)
Saturday 3 March 2012 2.05pm
What remains of mine I do at home these days with the clippers. But there's a barber just east of BHS, in Newcomen Street if I recall right, which I sometimes walk past and looks pleasant, unfancy and popular.

No idea of name or prices but it might be worth the 10min stroll north.
Saturday 3 March 2012 8.17pm
Try Andy at 'THE WORKS' 231 Walworth Road, he's been cutting my hair for about 45 years so he must be doing something right!
Monday 5 March 2012 5.40pm
I also use the barbers at Newcomen Street. I did a tour of the barbers in Borough and found him the best. When I went back to him after the three month Borough barber tour I was impressed when he remembered my cut.
Tuesday 6 March 2012 4.35pm
My John swears by the Tabard Street Barbers he said the one on Newcomen St was overpriced...

Life's too short live it!!!

D x
Tuesday 6 March 2012 6.19pm
little bit up from the elephant , but would recommend Valetinos male hairdressers @ Cornwall Rd,SE1

usually 3 barbers there and very efficient and friendly

plus - you have that awesome cake shop opposite !!
Tuesday 6 March 2012 8.32pm
dvjj wrote:
My John swears by the Tabard Street Barbers he said the one on Newcomen St was overpriced...

Went past again today: it's called Alan's and a cut is 12.
Wednesday 7 March 2012 9.16am
Ive been using 'Forever' well . . . for ages.

(Its the one in the Elephant shopping centre) Yes there can be different people cutting but Ive always had a good experience. So far so good!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: