Postal problems

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 5 March 2012 9.23pm
My daughter is a 1st yr South Bank Uni student at McClaren House St Georges Circus. The problems with post there are so bad that now she routinely uses a friend's address elsewhere in London, as do lots of others. A letter was sent direct to her the other day and actually reached her but the envelope had been opened, I guess to check if any money was in it. At first we complained, to staff in the reception area who got v upset saying how long this has been going on and how often they get accused of stealing and fear for their jobs, and then to the sorting office, where staff said similar. then I did a search and saw there were problems with the sorting office going back years. is it meant to be oaky now? Is there still a lobby trying to put things right? I've never come across an area where people seem to take it for granted that the postal service is unusable, and that is not the same as my experience with other areas of London. Do many of you have problems with this still or is it really only McClaren house? Any advice for how to put it right?? Thanks. Jacky
Tuesday 6 March 2012 9.51am
Settle down and read a blog called I hate to say it but the post....3 pages back from this last updated 29th Feb....53 pages at last count of issues with the local postal service from Royal Mail....hopefully this will bring you up to speed...but to sumarise...THE SERVICE IS SHOCKINGLY POOR AND HAS BEEN FOR YEARS
Tuesday 6 March 2012 11.41am
Take Urbanites lead and check out the thread
Hate to post it but the postPlenty of advice on there on who to complain to. The atrocities are through SE1- non delivery- lost post- theft - you name it- we experience it on an almost daily basis.
The more people who complain the better- though the long and short of it is, inmy experience, the CEO of The Royal Mail-Moya Greene-seems to have no interest
Wednesday 7 March 2012 1.01pm
I complained to Moya Greene and got a very fast response. However, I am not really satisfied that the issue was taken seriously. My complaint was that we had no postal deliveries for an entire week.

I was advised that there was no mail waiting for me in the sorting office, and they said they would review the service for 2 weeks. Apparently, they have a clear office policy and all mail must go out the same day it arrives at the sorting office. The delays were blamed on other parts of the network, despite the fact I had cards sent from several different parts of teh country - all of which arrived on the same day a good week and a half after being posted.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: