Southwark Park Road Shopping

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 7 March 2012 8.50am
How are any of the shops supposed to survive when one of the parking spaces is taken by this?

http://twitpic.com/8svds9/full

The sign says you can only stay 30 minutes - and this guy was there for around 3 hours.

There are only 4 parking spaces on this section of southwark park road - to have a quarter used (against the regulations) by people not shopping is just not on.
Wednesday 7 March 2012 11.44am
Least they parked legally for a change!
Oh they didn't.
Wednesday 7 March 2012 11.58am
If you turn on to St James Road, you will find a car park with a dozen or so free car parking spaces with access to the Blue market square.
Wednesday 7 March 2012 9.22pm
I would love to know who makes these uneducated decisions, the spaces are extremely small but any good driver could get two cars in them just, trouble is there aren't many good drivers, so the selfish ones take up the whole space.

But and a big but is any lorry delivering to Tesco cannot fit into the spaces so they end up having to block this side of the road regularly causing a jam, which makes it harder for pedestrians, cyclists and drivers, especially if a bus happens to stop at the bus stop.

By the way the smart car with the camera is there six days a week, they sit there eating, talking on the phone and generally chillin out and it is never just for 30 mins, one day I drove past it on the way to Deptford market, when I came back he was still there two hours later. There are two disabled spaces by Iceland and they are just not monitored by them from that distance, it has just made these idiots lazy, means they don't have to deal with people just sit in the car all day watching sky go.
Saturday 10 March 2012 12.17am
The camera is car still going strong since May last year, despite my protestations to Southwark Council.
The car park is becoming a magnet for commuter parking, I'm trying to get it patrolled to stop people leaving their cars there all day.
It also needs some disabled bays.
Saturday 10 March 2012 1.00pm
It was there yesterday again, but what was odd was he was in the farthest away parking space from Tesco near the pub and the camera was pointed at the pub, no cars on the pavement only people sitting outside at the tables. When I mentioned it to someone, they immediately asked if they were pretty girls sitting, which I hadn't really taken any notice but he definitely wasn't watching parked cars. I will leave you to draw your own conclusions.
Tuesday 13 March 2012 3.12pm
Great. Council sponsored peeping toms.
Tuesday 23 October 2012 9.50pm
105pear wrote:
... any lorry delivering to Tesco cannot fit into the spaces so they end up having to block this side of the road regularly causing a jam, which makes it harder for pedestrians, cyclists and drivers, especially if a bus happens to stop at the bus stop.
This may be of interest:
http://www.se16.com/652-tesco-to-pay-for-changes-to-southwark-park-road-parking-bay

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 25 October 2012 12.55pm
The annoying thing is, the third bay along *is* big enough for a delivery lorry, they just don't want to have to push the cages the 20 yards or so that it entails.

Extending the bay outside Tesco and making it Delivery vehicles only will force limited mobility customers who want to use the store/cashpoint to park further away, and involves the needless cutting down of one of the trees. 20 yards when every step is a world of pain makes a hell of a difference!

I really don't see why they can't make the third bay delivery only 8am-11am and have done with?

M x

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: