Virgin broadband

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 7 March 2012 10.35am
I live in Bermondsey and experience since 10 days big problems with my internet. Is someone else having also difficulties e.g. very slow connection, not opening sites at all etc.? If not I might consider buying a new pc...
Wednesday 7 March 2012 11.09am
its ok where i am (also bermondsey)
Wednesday 7 March 2012 11.56am
It's fine where I am, just off new kent road.very quick since had a refurbished laptop too!
Wednesday 7 March 2012 2.18pm
First of all - check your speed by clicking here.

If it is slow, try simple stuff like rebooting your ADSL modem. Mine has gone wonky a few times (I have Netgear DG834GT) and a reboot sometimes fixes it.

If still no good - check the connections to your filter and the BT socket - reseat the connections (unplug and refit them).

If still no good call Virgin - they can do some tests their end to confirm the exchange.
Wednesday 7 March 2012 2.38pm
Keeping a regular eye on my broadband speed, my Virgin Media speed has steadily decreased over the past year. I have put this down to an influx of new customers since late at night/early morning it is nearly as quick as it once was.

However, because it is cable ADSL, there isn't a filter that plugs into the telephone socket (like you get with a BT line).
Wednesday 7 March 2012 4.14pm
One of the main culprits for your broadband slowing is not only the usage at peak times, but the fact you're probably sharing the same wireless channel as loads of other people.

Download netstumbler or istumbler if you're on a mac, see what channels people are using around you. Force your wireless router to broadcast on a specific channel (instructions for this are so varied from router to router there's no point me even trying to explain here), one that's not currently in use.
Thursday 8 March 2012 8.37am
I would like to thank to all of you for your answers, I also got the web site: and it looks like my connection is so bad I can't work at all. Someone from Vergin is coming over to check.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: