Cllr Al-Samerai

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 9 March 2012 8.21pm
Nice lady, tough decision. Seems like LBS are a bunch of hypocrites.
Saturday 10 March 2012 8.34am
I'm not entirely convinced. We asked this lady for assistance with a community issue a couple of years ago. Despite promising to help - and indeed I met her when she was canvassing for votes and she acknowledged she had received my e-mail and she would be in touch - nothing was/has ever been heard.

As for her latest gaffe, as Lib Dem leader, she ought to know better.

I am not anti Lib Dem; they did get my vote last time, but not sure they will again.
Saturday 10 March 2012 6.08pm
Hi Gavin, really sorry to hear that as I do try to respond to all issues as quickly as possible. I don't know what matter you were raising, but do drop me an email if you still need assistance with it. On the other issue I will continue to stand up for southwark residents as leader of the opposition and despite the attempts to stop me.

Best wishes,
Anood
Saturday 10 March 2012 6.25pm
Having encountered Anood I can assure you she is a good councillor. The standards policy in place at Southwark is open to abuse. Councillors and their proxy complainers in the community can raise petty complaints against eachother. It is time consuming and ineffective and clearly flawed when information was out in the public domain anyway and it is not as if the former chief exec (the charming Ms Shepherd ha ha) and the current leader etc are not fond of sharing private information to certain sources when it suits them. Keep up the good work Anood, not all of us believe in this crappy system and the people of E&C deserve better.
Saturday 10 March 2012 7.23pm
@gossipgirl99 surely you mean 'the people of E&C deserve to know less'? ;P
funnily enough, i got 'surveyed' about the regeneration last week, and there were quite a few questions about 'how much do you know about the regeneration' etc, and, as i do know a fair amount, when asked 'was there anything else i would like to know about it' i said, 'details of the original agreement between the council & lend lease' as this is still very much not in public domain.
the business of attempting to 'gag' people is laughable although not terribly surprising in a climate of 'must-keep-pretty-much-everyting-as-secret-as-humanly-possible-in-the-public-interest-and-for-public-safety' etc
the fact that this information had already been made public before anood repeated (and not 'broke') it just goes to show.
AD
Sunday 11 March 2012 4.09pm
I think it would be unfair to see Cllr Anood get a bad name here. I contacted Cllr Anood about the lights in front of Browns on the Thames path which frequently didn't work. Through her correspondence, I discovered it was a complex issue of Council/Port of London Authority/developer, but she assured me she would press for the issue to be addressed and the light bulbs are replaced more frequently now. I was very impressed with the amount of correspondence and the result.

I think it's clear to see Cllr Anood is working hard for her constituents and not recklessly risking the whole E&C redevelopment issue. In fact I think the saga that is E&C redevelopment needs more people like Cllr Anood questioning the decisions.

I am not a Lib Dem, but have considered changing my allegance in local elections since dealing with her.
Monday 12 March 2012 3.54pm
I'm not Lib-Dem either, but my one interaction with Cllr Al-Samerai was pretty satisfactory in contrast to being ignored by Cllr Althea Smith (Lab) who had direct responsibility for the issue.
Monday 12 March 2012 7.20pm
Cllr Al-Samerai is a very good councillor. In my dealings with her she has always been very helpful.
This is just politics.
Real

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: