Antonine Heights

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Saturday 10 March 2012 4.21pm
Hi There

I currently live in Southwark but I've just put an offer on a flat in Antonine Heights, City Walk

I've read various threads on here about bikes being stolen from the underground parking and also about parties/noise problems but all mainly from 2010 or before. I just wondered if anyone on here lives in Antonine Heights at the moment and has any updates on security/noise or anything else worth knowing about the block before I hand over my money!

Also, is the walk from Bermondsey St to City Walk safe? It seemed a little bit quiet once you turned off Bermondsey Street. I know it's only a 2 min walk but worth asking as I'm always on my own.

Thanks very much! Fran
Saturday 10 March 2012 7.09pm
Hi, fruits. I have lived opposite AH, in Hestia House, since the development opened. We do have security issues, with the garage roller gates being left open because of faults, for long periods. Most people seem to keep their bikes in their flats. I would suggest you contact the 'Managing Agents' - Residential Partners [020] 7318 4389.

I think the area is as safe as anywhere in London and one should walk purposefully, not using the mobile, late at night; but I haven't witnessed any problems beyond the occasional drunks, wandering home.

As I live on the other side of HH, I can't comment about noise in City Walk.

It's a good area to live - hopefully you'll come and join us :-) Philip.
Monday 12 March 2012 3.12pm
I'd echo Philpotts' comments in terms of not drawing attention to your mobile phone late at night etc. but ultimately you shouldn't feel unsafe.
Walking from Bermondsey Street to City Walk you can either go via Morocco Street or down Long Lane. I'd say the latter would be the 'safer' option late at night, as there's more passing traffic and the odd pub/restaurant. Having said that, I've never felt unsafe walking back via Morocco Street. In terms of noise, it can sometimes be a problem in City Walk owing to the fact that there are lots of apartments facing inwards toward an area in which sound can echo. I've heard a few parties going on late at night at weekends, but nothing crazy. It will really depend which way your flat faces in Antonine Heights.
Tuesday 13 March 2012 12.45pm
Thanks for your messages - The flat faces the other way - The balcony is at the back of AH - so hopefully we will get less of the noise problems which would be good. I walked through City Walk last night - quite a few balcony doors were open and I could see what you meant about the echo!

Security - I've spent 6 years living on a busy high street so for me Morocco Street seems so quiet to walk down - but I think I will get used to it really quickly and I'm just being a wuss! :-)
Thursday 22 March 2012 7.41pm
Hi all , i am moving to Antonie Heights soon ,and sorry for posting irrelevant topic, but i found that this thread may be active.... i knew that there is a sky communal dish there, i want to know if by any way i can get channels from Nilesat ?! and is it allowed to install a new satellite dish ? what about boxes which works with internet only? anyone tried ?
Tuesday 27 March 2012 10.28pm
It seems the party season has started again. Big party on the first floor. Hopefully they'll finish before bed time.
Tuesday 27 March 2012 11.40pm
If you are being disturbed by noise, call the 24 hour hotline on 020 7525 5777 to report the problem. I found them to be very helpful on both of the occasions I called.
Tuesday 27 March 2012 11.42pm
Philpotts24 wrote:
If you are being disturbed by noise, call the 24 hour hotline on 020 7525 5777 to report the problem. I found them to be very helpful on both of the occasions I called.

Yeah, I called them before. But in all occasions they couldn't come soon enough to witness the noise.
Tuesday 27 March 2012 11.45pm
Well if the same people make noise regularly, inform the Managing Agents. My neighbours on the City Walk side of Hestia House tell me it can be noisy.
Wednesday 28 March 2012 10.38pm
Philpotts24 wrote:
Well if the same people make noise regularly, inform the Managing Agents. My neighbours on the City Walk side of Hestia House tell me it can be noisy.

Unfortunately I don't think that the Managing Agents can do much. I called mine once, because of a neighbour regularly exercising with a treadmill in the flat thus making a lot of banging. They say the can't do anything about noise and that only the council can deal with that.

Maybe they lied?
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: