Unwell laptop - good fixers?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
spacedogs Monday 12 March 2012 2.00pm
hi, i have an unwell laptop and trying to find a trusted place to take on the task of 'bringing it back to life' - does anyone have any suggestions from places they have used and happy with? i work SE1 but now live elsewhere, so someone in SE1 would ideal

thanks -
Pops Monday 12 March 2012 2.02pm
There's a place on Old Kent Road near the fly over on the left hand side going towards Tesco that does repairs. I know friends and forum members that have used it in the past.
Windmill Walker Monday 12 March 2012 5.38pm
Is it turning on? If it is but not loading operating system then i can help and live near Southwark Bridge road.

If its hardware IE not turning on at all or not detecting hardrive then PC world might be the most trust place.

Regards,
shivaun Monday 12 March 2012 9.55pm
Creative IT in Grange Walk just removed a nasty virus for me, very reasonably and recused a laptop drowned in tea some time ago
Rob Wilkinson Tuesday 13 March 2012 7.14am
I put this on the forum a couple of weeks back:

If, like me, you dread computer malfunctions, you should make a note of local support company Connecting London - www.connectinglondon.com.
They just sorted out a problem for me and I was very impressed with their quick response in diagnosing then solving my problem without bamboozling me with IT jargon and without selling me new kit that I didnt need.
graham Tuesday 13 March 2012 10.04am
Paul at Databugs just south of The Elephant does PCs as well as Macs.
Our Macs go there for a check up from time to time...
spacedogs Monday 19 March 2012 2.05pm
thanks for the responses, i will look further into this and let people know,

to Windmill Walker, yes laptop turns on/ off but since i restored the hard drive after crash, its painfully slow with a 'not responding' on every program i use! which is a darn shame as the vaio laptop was a joy to use and only 2 yrs old! - poor thing

:-)
spacedogs Thursday 10 May 2012 2.54pm
just wanted to feedback that I did use www.connectinglondon.com and found them to be very reasonably priced,

only minor gripes are that one person tells you one thing on the phone but in reality when you call in its slightly different, and the main person who answers the phone speaks with a very strong French accent, which I personally find very difficult to understand especially when they are explaining computer 'stuff' to me

but friendly, efficient and I would use again, so there you go :-)
Le Roi Saturday 12 May 2012 3.17pm
spacedogs wrote:
found them to be very reasonably priced

If you dont mind me asking. What did they do and how much did it cost?

thanks
spacedogs Saturday 12 May 2012 4.49pm
It 'twas dust that done it in, basic price is 50 an hour, and was charged 10 on top of that, I have no frame of reference but that's much better than it could have been I think

Hope this helps
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions