Can anyone tell me where I live?!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 18 April 2002 7.22pm
Hello. I'm just about to move into Searles Road, just south of Tower Bridge Road, having lived in SW London for 10 years. I'm confused! Where will I be living? I have been told it's Bermondsey, Elephant & Castle, Newington and Borough! The estate agent seems to think the area is called SoBo (South of Borough) which I thought was hilarious. Thanks!
Sam
Friday 19 April 2002 12.18am
Personally, I think you're in Walworth.

Possibly you're in Newington. It makes sense to say Elephant.

You're not in The Borough. I personally wouldn't call it Bermondsey, either.

There, that doesn't clear that up for you.

The one place you are most definitely NOT is SoBo. SoBo doesn't exist and your estate agent needs a good slap.

Have fun!
Jan
Friday 19 April 2002 7.12am
Hi Neighbour!

technically speaking I think you are in Walworth, there'a an ivisible line running down new kent road and old kent road up to albany road whic would make you Walworth. living just opposit you in New Kent Road near the Beehive I know what you mean about describing where you live!
when ever I get a taxi I describe it as the Bricklayers...
Searles road is a lovely place to live, a little oasis of calm I think.
Jayne
Friday 19 April 2002 9.35am
Searles Road post code is definitely SE1 and is the only little snippet south of Old Kent Rd. Look it up in the A-Z. Nice little oasis.....welcome to SE1
Friday 19 April 2002 10.04am
Thanks for the welcome Jayne, Jan and Sam!

Well according to the post office, until sometime in the 70's I would have lived in Walworth, but officially it is Bermondsey. It doesn't feel like Bermondsey though - It feels more like Elephant.

Anyway, having spent 10 years in white, middle-class, Range Rover driving, public school attending Wimbledon I'm looking forward to something a little more urban!

The SoBo label was apparently invented by the developers of the Jam Factory site. That way they can charge another 25,000 for a parking space!
Friday 19 April 2002 2.11pm
i don't know where you are either, but you're in for a treat anyway. agree with the other posts about SoBo - I think it means estate agents are soboll*cks! am i allowed to say that?
Jan
Saturday 20 April 2002 8.04am
Tony, did I read that right? 25thou. for a parking space?
ye gods and little ken livingstones.......
Just after the chadwick square development in great dover street was completed, one of my friends viewed the property, came back reeling with shock said the space in the courtyard with two lines counted as a parking space and was 15 thou. but as the saleslady pointed out...once you pay that it was yours forever!
dunno wot my mate would have said about hartleys....;-)
p.s. kate.....yeaahhhhh....;-)
Tuesday 23 April 2002 2.07pm
Hi,

I lived in Searles for over 20 years, it is SE1

(nice street)

Kate
Tuesday 23 April 2002 2.23pm
It's Borough
Tuesday 23 April 2002 2.25pm
Actually you live at my house, can I have my rent money and could you kindly replace the cornflakes
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: