Cheap passport photos in SE1?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 14 March 2012 9.28pm
Any suggestions for a cheap place to get passport photos in SE1? It really busts my chops to have to pay a minimum of 5 when I just need one or two pictures. Ideally near Borough Tube, TBR or Elephant.

Thanks and cheers!
Thursday 15 March 2012 6.56am
There's a machine in Tesco Metro on Tooley Street
Thursday 15 March 2012 7.40am
The pharmacist just past the London Bridge Tube entrance on Borough High Street. Cannot remember what I paid but if the photos are not right your application will be rejected anyway - apparently no smiling!
Thursday 15 March 2012 1.08pm
There's a machine in the post office in Blackfriars Road now as well.
Thursday 15 March 2012 2.22pm
Thanks, guys -- went to the pharmacy at the end of Bermondsey Street/TBR. 4/4 photos -- not great, but not horrible.
Zoe
Friday 16 March 2012 7.21am
Is there somewhere around where I can go to get someone (who knows what they are doing) to take a photo of me for my passport?

My current passport doesn't look like me at all and I get stopped all the time, often for staff just to laugh at me (and yes, I'm not kidding, it's that bad).
Friday 16 March 2012 11.23am
The best place (although it's not in SE1) I've ever found is opposite Selfridges on Oxford Street.

Not sure of the name of the exact address but it's got a clear sign. It's a funny little place on the third floor but the guys there know every different format required and take a great photo!
Friday 16 March 2012 3.35pm
Thankfully I'm due a new passport soon, I've had to live with a pic which generates smirks in whichever country I visit, all because I didn't check my hair first. Having been wearing a face mask all day, my long hair sprung up from the sides by my ears. Mind you, I dare say the new one will turn out wrong for whatever other reason. Are the machines better now? The early digital ones tended to be horrible.
Zoe
Friday 16 March 2012 6.32pm
I know that one on Oxford Street, it wasn't brilliant but much better than a booth (I think I might be at fault here!!).

You don't think it matters what photo you stick on your passport but I was in a government office in Istanbul and the woman actually thought I had a false passport as it looked so different to me (and thank god, if I actually looked like that it would make me v. sad)
Saturday 17 March 2012 12.56pm
I think that you may be referring to the place in Oxford St. at the junction of North Audley St.
There is also this place, http://gouldpharmacy.com/default1.html, it is on the right on North Audley St. coming from Oxford St., almost at the corner of Grosvenor Square.
I used it when my US visa needed renewal.

On a similar note, does anyone remember the old blue passport where you could have a photo of the holder and spouse in the front?
You could also use the spouse space for a more recent photo of yourself if your appearance had changed.
In the late 70s I, as per the custom of the times, grew a full beard and moustache and inserted the photo of me with the beard in the spouse space.
I soon got sick of immigration officials remarks such as, "Don't think much of your wife mate!" when I returned to the UK alone and showed my passport.
I was glad to apply and pay for a new one long before the old one expired.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: