Save our Nurseries

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 21 March 2012 9.08am
Some of you may be aware of a campaign (on Facebook and elsewhere) being co-ordinated by Cllr Graham Neale to save Tenda Road & Bishop's House nurseries from closure. Strictly speaking these are both outside the SE1 area but although they are designated for closure, it appears that the childcare element ie 0-3 in ALL Children's Centres across the Borough is under threat. Central Govt removed the ring-fencing of funding for this element of CCentre provision and left it to local authorities to decide if it was a local priority for them. It appears that Southwark, rather than make an announcement and face the consequences, have passed the buck to Governing Bodies at C Centres and/or management committees by giving indicative budgets which confirm NO childcare grant. Most 0-3 provision in C Centres will have to close because they could not charge the actual cost to users. Please sign the e - petition which Graham has started and pass this one to anyone you think might be interested/affected. http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/save-our-nurseries/
Wednesday 21 March 2012 11.57am
I have signed...I have a brilliant idea, let southwark buy back all the schools they have sold over the years because ' birthrate was falling'. only due to our stupid leaders years ago allowing our proud independant nation to became a off shoot of Europe in our so called european union, we now have unlimited economic immigrants who have 'rights' to housing, schools, etc. can't blame the newcomer only the plonkers in power who lack the courage to withdraw from e.u.
My grammar is not very good today as I feel a bit under the weather just trying to remember all the schools that have been sold as 'gated' communities!

Paragon, the old Chaucer , springs to mind ...if they were re-instated we would have loads of places for our most important commodity..our children.

sorry veering off the original thread there...:-)

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: