Bike storage

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Wednesday 21 March 2012 1.56pm
Hi, I need somwhere to park my bicycle around Archie Street, near the Tennis Courts or Tanner Street (live Archie Street). Does anybody know of anywhere safe and secure I could rent? i don't want to leave it chained to fence railings etc ...it will just get nicked !
Thanks
Wednesday 21 March 2012 2.32pm
Not too far to "On your Bike", who have storage facilities under Weston Street Tunnel

http://www.onyourbike.com/stylesheet.asp?file=7_1_1_cycle_park
Wednesday 21 March 2012 3.30pm
VeloDro on Tower Bridge Road - I reckon 10 minutes gentle stroll from you - have a sign on the door saying they offer bike storage. Just had my Brompton serviced there - lovely people.
TAK
Wednesday 21 March 2012 4.31pm
Bike Away just installed some bike lockers on my estate. Maybe it's worth checking if they have anything (available) somewhere near you? I guess immediate residents would have preference but I guess if they had availability they'd hire something out to you. Might be worth checking.

http://www.bikeaway.com/
Wednesday 21 March 2012 6.55pm
the bikeaway lockers are the only ones the council will consider, regardless of their limited scope (you can only put a single adult bike in, making it impossible to store kids' bikes or tricycles); people who use the locker are charged an annual fee; the bikeaway lockers may not necessarily be the best value for money (bike compounds can be made as safe, would take up less space and allow for more bikes, trikes & even motorbikes to be stored etc). it takes forever to get the lockers through cleaner greener safer funding :S
Wednesday 21 March 2012 8.58pm
My estate is waiting for lockers to be installed. We haven't had to get funding from cleaner greener, but what is taking time is planning permission, believe it or not you have to get planning permission to have them installed!! Five months on and we are still waiting.
Wednesday 21 March 2012 11.12pm
@105pear - you're lucky. we got the cleaner greener safer 2 years ago now and it's not got to planning permission stage yet.
Thursday 22 March 2012 1.08pm
Maybe have a word with Druid Cycles who are fairly near to you http://druidcycles.co.uk/
TAK
Friday 23 March 2012 12.26am
105pear wrote:
My estate is waiting for lockers to be installed. We haven't had to get funding from cleaner greener, but what is taking time is planning permission, believe it or not you have to get planning permission to have them installed!! Five months on and we are still waiting.

OMG It took my estate a good couple of years. First we had to wait until the landscape was re-done as part of a section 106 agreement. Then the planning application process was the biggest faff on planet earth ever and done I think by Southwark Council people! I mean for a few bike lockers they have to provide access statements and all sundry. It's ridiculous actually. I'm just glad that after all those years I managed to get a bike locker and have no longer to drag my bike into the lift and through the flat onto the balcony.
Monday 26 March 2012 12.06pm
Interesting stuff, had no idea planning for these was such a hooha. Will raise at southwark cyclists.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: