Trading on the Southbank...

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Saturday 24 March 2012 9.13pm
Hi Everyone,

Just have a general question, is it legal to have one of those mobile hot dog stands, or candy floss units that can be pushed round? or is it illegal? Its just that looking through local council info for trading it mainly refers to plots, and static stalls, is there a special licence and if so do Southbank allow this type of trading?

Thanks in advance,

Sam
Monday 26 March 2012 9.41am
I think most are not legal, nor are the ice cream vans, but Lambeth doesn't seem fit to do any enforcement.
Monday 26 March 2012 1.04pm
Nor are those cup tricksters (is that what you call them?) but they're out in droves again as well.
Monday 26 March 2012 2.33pm
And the guys selling those bird song flutes on the South end of the Millennium Bridge.
Monday 26 March 2012 4.15pm
Is that tall bloke still there who sells those minikites? He's been around for at least as long as the bridge has. It's probably the same kite, I don't think he's ever sold one. Actually, maybe he's not even selling them, he just likes to fly them standing on the bridge...
Monday 26 March 2012 4.58pm
I think the kite guy does alright, I've seen people buying them. I like the fact that a guy that tall sells kites, I wonder what the story is behind that.
Monday 26 March 2012 9.20pm
Slightly off topic, but there is an older Eastern European gent playing a squeeze box in Blackfriars Bridge walking tunnel on the South Bank.

He is a cheery chap and I have got used to saying "Morning mate!" to him as I amble by.
Tuesday 27 March 2012 8.57am
Tolstoy wrote:
I think the kite guy does alright, I've seen people buying them. I like the fact that a guy that tall sells kites, I wonder what the story is behind that.

I like the tall kite guy. The only one of his ilk that doesn't irritate my eyes or ears, as the cup fraudsters, the snake eyes-tossers and the whistle chaps do. I think he actually has just a normal sized kite that only appears to be smaller in his hands... Especially from a distance...
Tuesday 27 March 2012 11.57am
I thought it was just me, but tall minikite guy seems to have some kind of a cult following...
Tuesday 27 March 2012 2.00pm
LOL okay... so basically they are all illegals?!

so if i was looking to trade Legally along the South Bank (from Tower Bridge to Waterloo) does that come under Lambeth? they control the whole of the South Bank?
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: